My Photo Name:Katie
Location:
San Diego, California, United States
View my complete profile



Friends
Yvette
Sean
AmberLynn
Adelaide
Amy
Lisa
Amber



Links
Friends and Families
My Veg*n Blog

Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]

Previous Posts
So Sick and Tired
It's a....
I now understand the need
She knows her place
A trip down memory lane
Cousins
Christmas
My Christmas Newsletter
Yet another boring survey :)
My Little Dragon



Sunday, March 25, 2007

Tae kwon do tournament

Today the three eldest children had a tae kwon do tournament. First, they compete in the kata (forms) competition. After that comes the sparring competition. Emma competed in the purple/green/blue belt ages 5-7 competition for both kata and sparring. She took first place in the kata competition and fourth place in the sparring competition. She competed against about thirty other kids for the kata competition and five other kids for sparring. Caitlin did really well in the purple/green/blue belt ages 8-10 kata and sparring competitions, but didn't place in either of them. She was also in a group of about thirty kids for both competitions. Cole placed third in the yellow belt, age 5 kata competition against about thirty other kids, and didn't place in the yellow/orange belt ages 5-7 sparring competition.

I'm so incredibly "well pleased" with my children. They all tried their hardest and gave it their all. You should have seen Caitlin jump and squeal when she heard Emma's name announced as the first place winner in her division. You would have thought Caitlin was the one up on the platform. lol I was so happy to see Caitlin being so supportive. You could just see the pride in Caitlin's eyes as she watched her little sister hold that first place trophy over her head. It was priceless and it made me feel, that although I feel completely inadequate as a mother at times, at least I'm doing something right. If I teach my children nothing else in life, the one lesson that I hope to impress upon them is that family sticks together. It is, in my opinion, the most important and most valuable lesson I can teach my children, and as I saw that look in Caitlin's eyes as she watched Emma, I knew that lesson was getting through to her and at that moment, the happiness I felt for Emma's accomplishment was nothing compared to the happiness I felt for Caitlin's.


link | Katie posted at 7:43 PM |


0 Comments:

Want to Post a Comment?