My Photo Name:Katie
Location:
San Diego, California, United States
View my complete profile



Friends
Yvette
Sean
AmberLynn
Adelaide
Amy
Lisa
Amber



Links
Friends and Families
My Veg*n Blog

Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]

Previous Posts
So proud of my kiddos
I am NOT a happy hooker :(
This should be fun!
Day 4
Day Three
Am I a horrible mom?
Sera's Surgery
Longest.Survey.EVAR
Do this
I hate Reeces Peanut Butter Cups



Monday, December 11, 2006

My Little Dragon

Cole has been sick the past couple of days. He's had a fever, a slight cough and a very sore throat. He lost his voice yesterday. This morning, he woke up and said he couldn't breathe. His breathing was VERY labored and he was definitely wheezing. I called his doctor, who said to take him to the emergency room. By the time we got there, he had calmed down and he was breathing semi normally again, but was still very congested and wheezing a bit. When we finally got taken back, they gave him a nebulizer treatment of albuterol and atrovent. He thought it was cool because he looked like a "dragon" with smoke coming out of his "nostrils." Here's my little dragon:
The dotor came in, diagnosed him with croup, gave him an oral steroid and send him home with an albuterol inhaler. She said that the wheezing had stopped and she wasn't going to diagnose him with asthma because the wheezing could have been caused by the croup, but to keep an eye on him when he's sick in the future and to feel free to use the inhaler if he had problems breathing when he's sick in the future.

My little guy was such a trooper. The nurse was very nice and gave him a book and a teddy bear to take home. My oh so creative child named the bear "Medium Bear" because he has a bear that is larger than this bear and many bears that are smaller. lol

It was a long morning, but at least my little boy is feeling better and breathing normally now! I hate it when my kiddos are sick. :(


link | Katie posted at 6:02 PM |


1 Comments:
Blogger Adelaide commented at 11:06 AM~  

Poor Dear {hugg}

Weird thing was that last week Myk was prescribed inhalers (puffers) too! One to take every day (as a preventative measure) and the other to use only if the cough is bad. And they said they're not saying she has ASTHMA, but it's a Reactive Airway Disease at this point.

Funny how our two kids born in the same year have this breathing problem thing going on the same time.

Want to Post a Comment?