My Photo Name:Katie
Location:
San Diego, California, United States
View my complete profile



Friends
Yvette
Sean
AmberLynn
Adelaide
Amy
Lisa
Amber



Links
Friends and Families
My Veg*n Blog

Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]

Previous Posts
Yet another boring survey :)
My Little Dragon
So proud of my kiddos
I am NOT a happy hooker :(
This should be fun!
Day 4
Day Three
Am I a horrible mom?
Sera's Surgery
Longest.Survey.EVAR



Tuesday, December 19, 2006

My Christmas Newsletter

I didn't get Christmas cards out again this year. :( So, you get my Christmas newsletter here. Don't you feel oh so special? It's also going out in a mass email to my relatives. Yes, I'm a complete slacker.

My dearest family and friends,

Once again, the holiday season is upon us and I find myself with many good intentions, but neither the time, nor the energy to bring these intentions about. So, please accept and forgive me for this mass email sent in lieu of Christmas cards this year.

Caitlin is in third grade this year and is loving school. She is involved in student government as a “Hawk Leader,” and is involved in the S.A.V.E. club that meets a few times a month after school. As a Hawk Leader, she oversees students during lunch time and is responsible for helping to keep order in the lunch room. S.A.V.E stands for Students Against Violence Everywhere. As part of this club, she learns ways to help her community and what she can do to keep a peaceful environment. She is involved in service projects and activities that help the community. She is currently a third degree green belt in tae kwon do and absolutely loves it!

Emma is in first grade. She loves to read and is just soaking up as much knowledge as she possibly can. She’s extremely focused and strives for perfection. She can be a bit hard on herself when she doesn’t meet her expectations, but it motivates to work even harder. She’s also a third degree green belt. Emma can be quite shy and reserved, but when you get her out on the tournament floor, she comes out of her shell and seems to be an entirely different person. It is amazing how much tae kwon do has helped her become more self confident.

Cole is full of spunk. He’s a third degree yellow belt. He recently received third place in his kata competition. He competed against approximately thirty other kids as the only four year old in the five to seven age group. He loves playing video games and is just itching to start kindergarten. He’s currently teaching himself addition and subtraction and is trying to read short words.

Ethan is enjoying his time at home with Mommy. He loves everything related to Superman and one of his favorite things to do is “fly” off of the furniture. He loves playing with Sera and is so good with her. He also really enjoys playing video games…when his older brother will give him a turn.

Sera is just a doll. She recently started walking, but still very much enjoys being carried everywhere. In November, she had surgery to remove a cyst from her face. Everything went well and she is healing nicely. She has brought so much joy to our family. No one can make the other kids smile and laugh quite like Sera can.

Drake is still working for General Atomics as a software engineer. He enjoys the work, but not the long hours that go along with it. He has made some very good friends and enjoys going bowling with the guys when he gets a chance to.

The big news of the family gets to come from me! I’m pregnant again! Yes, that’s right…Baby Silva #6 should be joining our family right around the fourth of July. We are all very excited.

I hope that this holiday season is full of all of the love and joy you all so richly deserve. Our family is very blessed to have each and every one of you in our lives.

Love,
Katie and the Silva Ohana


I feel like I can post this now that I've told my mom about the pregnancy. I was going to wait to tell family until I was there in person, but I'm not exactly the most patient person. lol

I hope that all of you have an incredible holiday season and that it brings about many great and wonderful blessings in your lives.


link | Katie posted at 6:29 PM |


1 Comments:
Blogger Adelaide commented at 9:04 AM~  

Hope you had an amazing Christmas with your family. And total CONGRATULATIONS on the pregnancy of your 6th!!!! I'm so happy for you! XOXO

Want to Post a Comment?