My Photo Name:Katie
Location:
San Diego, California, United States
View my complete profile



Friends
Yvette
Sean
AmberLynn
Adelaide
Amy
Lisa
Amber



Links
Friends and Families
My Veg*n Blog

Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]

Previous Posts
Another one bites the dust
I'm a raging, hormonal lunatic!
Happy Birthday to ME!
STOP THE PRESSES!!!
Wheel of Fortune
Tae kwon do tournament
So Sick and Tired
It's a....
I now understand the need
She knows her place



Friday, May 11, 2007

Time for a mommy brag!

Okay, so I know every mom tends to think, "Wow, my child's GIFTED, I'm tellin' ya!" at some point or another...whether it be their child speaking in complete sentences, coming in first place at tae kwon do tournaments, or whatever. So, I suppose it will come as no shock when I tell you, "My child is GIFTED, I'm tellin' ya!"

Case and point: Cole has really been into numbers lately. (He just turned five, by the way) He's always counting, adding things up, etc. He's been working really hard on his addition and is just starting to work on subtraction. (Last night he asked about how to subtract a bigger number from a smaller number and is absolutely fascinated by negative numbers now. lol) This morning, in the car, he says, "I know what 18 plus 18 is." This isn't surprising...he can add pretty much anything these days. I asked him, "Okay, what is 18 plus 18?" He said, "36!" "Very good, Cole, that's right!" He then comes up with, "I know what 9 times 4 is." I was a bit taken aback because we haven't worked on multiplication at all. I asked him, "What is 9 times 4?" "36! Because 9 plus 9 is 18, and18 plus 18 is 36, so you have four nines in 18 plus 18, so 4 9's is 36!" I asked him, "Okay, so if 9 times 4 is 36, what is 4 times 9?" "Nine fours is the same as four nines, so it's 36!" I was absolutely shocked! I had no idea he knew this stuff!

Yes, my friends, my child is GIFTED, I'm tellin' ya!


link | Katie posted at 10:36 AM |


1 Comments:
Blogger Adelaide commented at 1:27 PM~  

Holy crap! He IS gifted!!!! Myk doesn't even know how to add yet! Much less deal with multiplication at that logical level!!! :-)

Want to Post a Comment?