My Photo Name:Katie
Location:
San Diego, California, United States
View my complete profile



Friends
Yvette
Sean
AmberLynn
Adelaide
Amy
Lisa
Amber



Links
Friends and Families
My Veg*n Blog

Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]

Previous Posts
Semi Random Memory
Since someone's been asking
Sera's Doctor Appointment
Out and About with my Pouch
Slings 'n' Things
A pic from the side
We Did It!
The Newest Addition to the Silva Family
Oh my gosh, is it possible?
MIL is coming



Sunday, July 24, 2005

Hi, my name is Katie

and I'm a fabric addict. There, I've said it. However, although I may need help, I don't want it! LOL I'm happily addicted to fabric. I can spend hours at the fabric store just feeling the fabric, trying to guess what it's made out of, imagining what I can make from it, etc. Yes folks, I play a "Guess the fiber contents of this fabric" game with myself. I truly do lead a pathetic life.

I go into a bit of a daze when I'm at the fabric store, then come out of the store with a cart full of fabric and no idea how much I spent until I look at the receipt...if I look at the receipt. I usually choose not to so I don't feel guilty ;)

I went fabric shopping today. I set myself a specific limit for my spending. I overspent, but I got some really nice fabric. I've decided I'm no longer setting limits because I feel too guilty when I go over, but not guilty enough not to do it, so there's really no point in giving myself a limit! I'm not quite sure what I'm going to make out of it yet. It still hasn't really told me. I know I'm going to make my sister in law a pouch for her new baby (she's pregnant again!) out of the Mary Engelbreit fabric I bought. She loves Mary Engelbreit. I'm also going to crochet the baby a blanket and sweater with a Mary Engelbreit theme. Hopefully she'll never see this blog or my surprise is ruined! I'm not sure what I'll do with the rest of the fabric. It's all just solid colors, so nothing too exciting.

I also bought myself three patterns to make purses. I'm working on an idea for something and these patterns should help me out with it. I'm not going to divulge my secrets because you freaks will just steal it! (Yes, I'm quite full of myself and think it's an awesome idea! LOL) Okay, really I'm not saying what it is because like the rest of the projects I start, it will probably never get finished then I'll feel like a flake. Since you don't know what it is, I can just make something up if I never get it done. Don't be surprised if in a future entry you see, "You remember that incredible thing I was going to make, but was keeping a surprise? Well, I FINISHED it! TADA...it was a purse!!!" (Hence the need for purse patterns)

Caitlin and Emma want Capri Sun purses and wallets, so they're happily making their way through several boxes of Capri Sun. How on earth I used to like that crap is beyond me! Give me 100% juice (and I'm not talking Juicy Juice crap) anyday! My favorite is Pom Pomegranite Mango juice. YUM! If you haven't had it, you should go try it. It's usually found in aisle next to the Odwalla. Odwalla is yummy too. I got a bad drink one time though. It was nasty! LOL They gave me a coupon for a free drink though, so that was nice. Maybe I should complain to companies more often!

Sera has her dermatologist appointment tomorrow. I'm hoping he'll say that her surgery can wait. She's so little. I just can't imagine her having to go through that right now. However, I don't want the cyst to keep growing and eventually cause vision problems. Anyways, we'll just see what the dermatologist says and go from there. I'm not one to blindly follow doctors, but they really do know more than me and I hate to say, "No, I don't think that's the best thing to do, even though you do" because what if I'm wrong? I just want what is best for my children.


link | Katie posted at 8:41 PM |


0 Comments:

Want to Post a Comment?