My Photo Name:Katie
Location:
San Diego, California, United States
View my complete profile



Friends
Yvette
Sean
AmberLynn
Adelaide
Amy
Lisa
Amber



Links
Friends and Families
My Veg*n Blog

Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]

Previous Posts
Out and About with my Pouch
Slings 'n' Things
A pic from the side
We Did It!
The Newest Addition to the Silva Family
Oh my gosh, is it possible?
MIL is coming
Cloth Diaper Woes
I DID IT!
Fourth of July Fun



Wednesday, July 20, 2005

Sera's Doctor Appointment

I just got back from taking Sera to her well baby check up. All seems to be going well. She weighed in at a whopping 13 pounds even. That's my little chunky monkey! She cooed and smiled for the doctor and pushed herself up when she was on her tummy, so the doctor is happy with her progress.

The cyst on her face is definitely growing, so the doctor called the dermatologist and got her appointment moved up to this upcoming Monday. She said they'll probably want to remove it ASAP so that it doesn't grow so big that it starts affecting her vision. :( The thought of my tiny little baby being put under general anesthesia scares me. The thought of someone cutting into her precious little face scares me. :( I'm just going to have to hope and pray for the best.

The doctor looked at the gap in her gums and said that she hadn't realized at the last appointment just how deep the gap went, so she's set up an appointment with the ear nose and throat doctor for the 8th of August. He'll probably want to do a full work up of her jaw to make sure that the cleft doesn't extend all the way to her jaw, possibly causing even more problems. So, that will be some xrays and who knows what else. Again, I can just hope and pray for the best. It's so difficult to put the fate of my children in the hands of people I don't know :(


link | Katie posted at 12:46 PM |


0 Comments:

Want to Post a Comment?