My Photo Name:Katie
Location:
San Diego, California, United States
View my complete profile



Friends
Yvette
Sean
AmberLynn
Adelaide
Amy
Lisa
Amber



Links
Friends and Families
My Veg*n Blog

Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]

Previous Posts
Fourth of July Fun
I'm almost finished!
Hair Happenings
Bed Head and Empty Beds
Home alone...still procrastinating
Missing my family
Projects, projects and more projects
The Beginning



Thursday, July 07, 2005

I DID IT!

I finally semi finished a couple of diapers! LOL I say semi finished because I still need to put the snaps on them. I was working with metal snaps, but I just can't get them to work, so I'm getting a snap press and some plastic snaps. I'm so excited! I can't wait! So, here are the two diapers I made. The blue one is a cotton knit print (Baby Lulu) on the outside, a malden mills 100 wt fleece next to the baby's skin, and a 3 layer hemp terry soaker on the inside. It still needs a cover though. The pink one is a cotton knit outside, malden mills microfleece against the skin, a layer of 2 mil PUL next to the cotton knit, and a 3 layer hemp terry soaker with a layer of microfleece towards the PUL to hopefully increase the waterproofness (is that even a word?) of the diaper. It is an AIO (all in one) so it won't need a cover. The PUL (polyurethane laminate) is waterproof.

I can't wait to make more! I'm trying to think of a way to make a pocket diaper with a knit print on the outside rather than PUL since it would be cuter that way :) I'm planning on making dresses, blankets, burp rags and booties to match Sera's diapers. If I get any good at it, I'm hoping that maybe I can sell them. As of now, they're nowhere near good enough to sell, but hopefully with practice...

I'm going to adjust the pattern a bit and see if I can come up with my own unique diapers so I don't have to worry about patents or copyrights or whatever should I actually decide to sell them.


link | Katie posted at 5:04 AM |


0 Comments:

Want to Post a Comment?