My Photo Name:Katie
Location:
San Diego, California, United States
View my complete profile



Friends
Yvette
Sean
AmberLynn
Adelaide
Amy
Lisa
Amber



Links
Friends and Families
My Veg*n Blog

Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]

Previous Posts
Hi, my name is Katie
Semi Random Memory
Since someone's been asking
Sera's Doctor Appointment
Out and About with my Pouch
Slings 'n' Things
A pic from the side
We Did It!
The Newest Addition to the Silva Family
Oh my gosh, is it possible?



Monday, July 25, 2005

Hurry up and wait

So, Sera had her appointment with the dermatologist today. It was basically a complete waste of time. The doctor felt bad. She said she had no idea why I was referred to her because she doesn't do dermoid cysts. They require a dermatological surgeon because they are more involved with tissue and such. She did, however, tell me that the pediatric ENT removes dermoid cysts and that we should make an appointment with him.

As luck would have it (oddly enough...I NEVER have good luck these days!) we already have an appointment with him in two weeks to discuss Sera's gums...or lack thereof anyways. So, we'll just kill two birds with one stone :) She said that if he can't do it, although she doesn't see why he wouldn't, she would refer me to the dermatological surgeon at Children's Hospital, but she's hesitant to do that because she said that doctor is really pro "let's just do it now, there is no evidence that there is a higher risk for newborns to be under general anesthesia" and she knew I'm really hesitant to do surgery right away because I don't want Sera to have to go under so young, and the ENT is more likely to say, "Yes, we can wait as long as you want to." The dermatologist said that she knows many adults her were born with dermoid cysts and just lived with them their entire lives and she said that they do grow in the beginning, but usually slow down significantly and then stop growing altogether, so she wasn't worried about the rate of growth right now.

So, off to the ENT in a couple of weeks. If she has to have surgery for her gums anyways (which they definitely say should be done before she gets teeth) I'll just have both done at once. If for some reason they don't want to do anything about her gums, I'll probably wait until she's around 18 months or so before having the cyst removed. I definitely want to have it removed for cosmetic reasons, but if cosmetics are the only reason it should be removed, I definitely plan to wait until she's older, but not so old that she'll be horribly traumatised and remember the surgery.

On a completely different note, I was browsing around online today and came across myspace.com I was really surprised to see how many people from my highschool graduating class were members there. It was interesting to read about some of their lives and see what they were up to. Yes, I'm a very nosey person. I was also very surprised to see just how many people there were that supposedly graduated with me that I swear I've never seen in my life. How on earth did I never even come across them? My highschool wasn't exactly huge. We had less than 200 kids in my graduating class! Weird.

Oh, and weird seems to be my word of the day. I was on the phone with my friend, Tracey (Hi Tracey!) today and it was like the only word I used. It was odd. Okay, I was going to type it was weird, but that would have just been cheesey. (Mmmm, cheese. I love Brie on crackers.)

Tracey is awesome. If I were a lesbian, she'd be my wife. Well, if we lived in Masachusettes or Canada anyways. Anywhere else and she could only be my lover. :( Lover is such a weird word. "She's my lover." Lame. lol Then again, life partner just doesn't seem intimate enough. I mean, yes, technically, that's what it would be, but it just seems so...I don't know...cold, I guess. I guess it just reminds me too much of business partner. There is so much more to a relationship than just a partnership. I'm able to call Drake my husband. He's so much more than just my partner. But lover is cheesey. Also, a life partner is so much more than just a lover. I think I'm overthinking this. Tracey is hot. I'd do her. Okay, not really. Well....maybe. She gives awesome massages.


link | Katie posted at 8:59 PM |


0 Comments:

Want to Post a Comment?