My Photo Name:Katie
Location:
San Diego, California, United States
View my complete profile



Friends
Yvette
Sean
AmberLynn
Adelaide
Amy
Lisa
Amber



Links
Friends and Families
My Veg*n Blog

Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]

Previous Posts
Just because I can...
Much randomness
Don't even know what to think or how to function
A funny story for the day
Eight? Seriously....EIGHT!?!?!?!?
Some pics from Disneyland!
She's awesome
Boys are gross
New icons
Home again, home again, jiggity jig



Monday, October 02, 2006

Nothing new to report

I really have nothing to write about. I just feel like I haven't written anything of substance lately, so I felt I should write, no matter how mundane and boring the entry ends up being. lol Yeah, you're the one reading it. :P

How about an update on the fam? That's always good for a snore. lol

Drake: He's working...a lot. He has a project due (well, it's past due) which means long hours and many days. He didn't go in this weekend, and I know that hurt him. The kids asked him to stay home though, so he did. I'm hoping that when we move he won't have to work as much. He won't take a job that doesn't pay at least $10K more than he's making now though, so chances are, he'll be working more than ever. Ick. You do what you have to do to support the family though. With a wife that stays home and five kids, you can't afford to be picky about your hours. At least he's not going away anymore. That was SO hard on the kids. I'm grateful that his current project doesn't require traveling. However, his current project is almost done. Who knows what his next project will entail though.

Caitlin: She's loving third grade. She has a very nice teacher and surrounds herself with good friends. She's a "Hawk Leader." It's basically student government. She's in charge of keeping order in the lunch room during the first grade lunch period, and for keeping order on the playground during some recess'. She recently got her green belt in tae kwon do. She's so thrilled! She totally kicks butt. Lately she has become obsessed with doing her hair. She's all about clips and headbands. Her favorite lately is to do her hair the same way I do mine. lol Thankfully, it takes all of fifteen seconds to do it that way. I think it looks better on her than it does on me. lol

Emma: She is so happy to be back in school. She LOVES to learn and soaks everything up as soon as she learns it. She has a constant thirst for knowledge and when she's done with her homework each day, she'll sit down and write herself out more problems to solve. Unfortunately, she's been going through a lot of issues with friends. She takes everything VERY personally and it just tears her apart when her friends are angry with her, if she gets in trouble, if her friend is upset, etc. She's learning the dynamics of female friendships, which can be SO hard at times. Girls can be so evil. :( She, too, recently advanced to green belt in tae kwon do. She LOVES her classes and adores her teacher.

Cole: He's just happy hanging out at home with Mommy, Ethan and Sera. His favorite thing to do is just cuddle up on the couch with me and watch a movie. However, when he's not being cuddly, he's jumping off of furniture, breaking things, hitting things or people, throwing things around, screaming at the top of his lungs, etc. It's like night and day with him. It's a bit crazy, but I adore that boy. He's CONSTANTLY on me though. While I don't usually have issues with personal space, sometimes I just like not to be climbed on. Cole just doesn't get that. Every time I'm within eyesight, he feels the need to hold me, climb on me, sit on my lap, lay his head in my lap, hold my arm, etc. I love it, but hate it at the same time. I guess I just get touched out at times. Ethan is the same way though. So is Drake, for that matter. lol I guess it's a boy thing in my household. lol Cole just got his yellow belt, second degree. He's doing SO much better than I ever thought he could. He's really into it and does really well with it.

Ethan: Well, what can I say about Ethan? He's quite the little character. He is the happiest boy you will EVER meet. Seriously. It is very rare that he doesn't have a HUGE smile on his face. His life is full of constant motion. He's always up and rearing to go. He's such a little ball of sunshine. He absolutely ADORES his baby sister. He's so good with her. He's constantly giving her toys, sharing his food, playing with her, showing her how to do things, coloring with her, stuff like that. I think he would just sit and play with her all day if he could. His favorite thing to say these days is, "That was FUN, Mommy!" He says that whenever he falls, bumps his head, falls off of something, jumps off of something, etc. It's all so much fun. lol

Sera: I am constantly amazed by this little girl and the the things she knows and understands. She's created her own little version of sign language to communicate with us the things she wants. She doesn't talk much yet, but knows the important things. She can say "diaper" when she needs to be changed, "water bottle" when she wants water, "cup" when she wants milk, "Dad" when she wants...well, dad lol, "Mom" when she wants pretty much anything else. LOL Oh, and she says "nigh nigh" when she's tired and wants to go to bed. Today, she showed her first sign of understanding compassion. Emma was crying about getting in trouble at school. Sera came up to her, looked at her, saw that she was crying, and gave her a BIG hug. She just stood there, hugging Emma until Emma stopped crying. Emma asked me, "Why is she hugging me? This is weird." LOL I told her that Sera was just trying to make her feel better. Sera let go, gave her a kiss and smiled at her. It was all very sweet.

Watching my children grow has been the most incredible experience of my life. To see them go from these tiny little babies who don't do anything but eat, scream and poop to these understanding, thoughtful, amazing little humans just brings me so much joy. It's especially nice that I can say that I had a hand in it all.

Katie: I'm pretty much just doing the same old thing. Taking care of the kids, taking care of the house, doing the things that moms do. I recently got back into my diet. Ugh...can I tell you how much I hate dieting? More especially, how much I hate exercising? lol I suppose it's good for me though. *sigh lol It seems to be working though. I've lost twelve pounds in the past 9 days. GO ME! lol

So, there you have it. My life in a nutshell. I told you I really had nothing of substance to post about. lol


link | Katie posted at 8:32 PM |


1 Comments:
Blogger Sean commented at 2:20 PM~  

I was wondering where all of this weight I am gaining is coming from. It is coming from you. Thanks a lot. My cast should come off on Wednesday and then I can start excercising again and give this weight to some other unsuspecting person.

Want to Post a Comment?