My Photo Name:Katie
Location:
San Diego, California, United States
View my complete profile



Friends
Yvette
Sean
AmberLynn
Adelaide
Amy
Lisa
Amber



Links
Friends and Families
My Veg*n Blog

Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]

Previous Posts
Home again, home again, jiggity jig
Guess where I am!
OMG, SHE DID IT!!!!!!!!
My kids kick butt
FREE AT LAST!!! aka The first day of school
BACK TO SCHOOL!!!!
Not much to report
Random Ramblings
Know what I hate?
Redoing my workout playlist



Thursday, September 14, 2006

New icons

Did you notice the new icons at the top of the page? They're not as pretty as the others, but I felt like changing a few and these new ones fit my personality, if not my aesthetic taste. The one I love the most, I also hate the most. I love it because it's SO me. I hate it because the person who created it spelled squirrel wrong and my OCD just twitches everytime I look at it. LOL It probably won't stay up very long because I just can't stand to look at it.

So, as an explanation:

"OMG, I'm Wearing SOCKS!" I never wear socks. I have a few pairs of very cute socks, but I never wear them. You will ALWAYS find me in flip flops (goodness, it pains me to call them that...I call them slippers, but I know Joe Average Reader calls them flip flops, so for the sake of clarity, I'll call them flip flops.) I actually just recently bought 8 new pairs of socks. Four pairs are white, four pairs are black. I wore a pair of socks each day at Disneyland because I figured flip flops (okay, now that you know I call them slippers, I'm switching back to what I normally call them because flip flops is just weird) wouldn't be the best thing to walk around Disneyland all day in. It felt VERY weird wearing shoes and socks. I'm happily back to wearing my slippers and not having to worry about socks. I was recently reunited with the second sock in my pair of Super Girl socks...I thought it was lost forever. I'm tempted to wear them just because they're so dang cute!

"I've spent so much time being everyone else. Now I want to be me." Pretty self explanatory. I've always been on this quest to figure out who I am. Problem is, while I have wanted to, I really haven't done anything to further myself. I want to be more than wife/mom/housecleaner/cook/chauffer/etc. but what have I done to be more than that? Absolutely nothing. Lately though, the interest has been sparked to actually do something about it. What sparked this interest? I have no idea. It wasn't there and then it was. Who am I to question it? lol I'm tired of sitting back and waiting to figure out who I am and what I want to be whenI grow up...time to actively go find out!

I was talking to Drake the other day about possibly signing Caitlin up for tennis lessons. I told him that I thought tennis was fun and that I was decent at it, so maybe Caitlin would be as well. This brought up the fact that Drake had no idea I knew how to play tennis. I told him that I had taken it for P.E. a couple of times, and had, in fact, been asked to be on the high school tennis team, but declined because tennis just didn't hold that much of an interest for me. Then I added, "Now had there been a raquetball team, I would have been all over that. I LOVE raquetball." He looked at me like I had grown two heads. LOL He had no idea I actually enjoyed any sports. Don't get me wrong...I really don't enjoy most sports, but raquetball and badminton (if you can really consider badminton a sport lol) are both very enjoyable to me. He then suggested that I find someone to play raquetball with, find a court and make it a scheduled thing...something to do for myself that I enjoy and would help me get and stay in shape. I think it sounds like an awesome idea! He then added that as long as the someone I found to play with wasn't a guy...typical. lol So, I might just do that. It actually sounds like a lot of fun.

"I'm not random, I just have many tho...Oh, SQUIRELL!" It pained me to even type that word incorrectly. lol But, it was just too perfect to not put up for at least a short amount of time. My mind is constantly roaming. I can be talking about one thing, and thinking about a completely different thing, that is somehow VERY distantly related to the topic at hand, but if I brought it up, would leave people with that "What the heck are you talking about and where did that come from?" look on their faces. lol With people I don't know all that well, I do my best to limit the amount of seemingly random thoughts that come out of my mouth. But, my closest friends...lucky them, they get totally uncensored Katie. I can be in the middle of one thought, stop mid sentence, and start talking about something COMPLETELY different, but there really is a train of thought that led to the newest thought...it just happened to be all in my head, so no one gets it. One of my many endearing...yeah, that's it...endearing qualities.

"Dork" Pretty self explanatory. I'm a huge dork. I love it. I embrace it. Those glasses look just like mine. They're awesome. I'm thinking of getting new ones soon though. I've gotten used to the ones I have now though, so I may not. I like change though...sometimes.

So, that's it. Explanations of all my new icons, whether you wanted them or not!

Have an awesome day!


link | Katie posted at 3:29 PM |


0 Comments:

Want to Post a Comment?