My Photo Name:Katie
Location:
San Diego, California, United States
View my complete profile



Friends
Yvette
Sean
AmberLynn
Adelaide
Amy
Lisa
Amber



Links
Friends and Families
My Veg*n Blog

Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]

Previous Posts
Know what I hate?
Redoing my workout playlist
CHEESE!!!
new layout
8 seems old
Much Randomness
They're coming...
Contemplating Mortality
Things that make me happy
Selfish blood donor



Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Random Ramblings

So, we're still planning on a Disneyland trip...possibly as early as labor day weekend. My mother in law was supposed to go with us, but she can't on labor day weekend and may not be able to get the time off of work even later in the month, so rather than possibly completely missing out on it, we're just going to go ahead with our plans without her. I could have really used the help with the kids though. lol Disneyland with five kids and only two adults just doesn't sound like fun to me! lol Thankfully, most of the rides that Caitlin and Emma can go on that the boys can't will seat at least three people per car, so Drake or I can take them both and won't have to wait in line twice. I'm not sure what we're going to do about the rides that the boys can go on as well, but not Sera. Sera freaks out on the tram ride at the Wild Animal Park, so I imagine rides at Disneyland aren't exactly going to be her idea of fun! She may surprise us though...who knows. We're trying to decide whether to stay at the Disneyland Hotel, Paradise Pier, or just at the Embassy Suites down the road. I think we're leaning towards the Embassy Suites. However, I would really love to stay at the Disneyland Hotel. I've always wanted to. I just think it would be better to use the money we'd save by staying at Embassy Suites and put it towards buying stuff at the park instead. Plus, Embassy Suites does an awesome cooked to order free breakfast, which could save us even more money that we can spend at the parks. lol We're planning on four nights at the hotel and three day park hopper tickets. I already have our route and ride plans mapped out. I'm actually being organized for once. WOOHOOOO! Go Katie!

The girls are starting school again next week. I cannot WAIT for that day to come! They're just going crazy being at home. All I ever hear these days is, "I'm bored! What can we do? Can we go out? Can we go get Starbucks? There's nothing to do! Our house is so booooooooring." JUST GO TO SCHOOL ALREADY!!!! I really miss year round school. Three months is just WAY too long for them to not be in school! lol With year round school it was three months on, one month off. One month was the perfect amount of time to relax, recoop from school, go on vacation, etc. I think all school's should adopt a year round plan. My sanity could really use it. This year Emma will be going to school for the full day. I'm also excited about that. lol No more making three trips to school everyday! No more feeling like I can't get anything done in the morning because I had to stop everything midmorning to take Emma to school. No more putting off Sera's naps because I didn't want to have to wake her to take Emma to school. It's just going to be all around so much better.

Speaking ofSera, she's starting to take steps now! She's still really hesitant to let go of the couch or whatever and actually walk, but every once in a while, she'll actually do it! Go Sera! She does great while holding my hand and barely uses me for support at all, so I know it's just a matter of getting up the nerve to let go and do it on her own. She's getting so big. It's all going by way too quickly. Where did my baby go? :( This is most likely our last child (although I really don't want it to be :( ) so I'm in no rush to have her off and running. I love carrying her around everywhere we go. I'm not looking forward to the days when I try to carry her and she whines, "No, I walk!!!!"

So, the plans of moving up north may be changing once again. Drake seemed really gung ho about moving next year. We had decided that we'd try to let the girls finish the school year out down here, but if we couldn't get a month to month lease on this place when our year here was up, we'd just be moving in April (as long as Drake had been able to find a new job by then.) However, Drake has been having thoughts of wanting to stay here for a while longer. Apparently there are some really interesting projects coming up at work that he would like to be a part of. So, where does that leave me? Probably licking my wounds, sucking it up and saying, "Okay, honey. I understand and support you. It's not so bad down here, we can do this for a few more years," and being miserable until the next time he throws out, "I think we should make plans to move up north and be closer to your family," and starts the process all over again, only to once again, pull the rug out from underneath me and tell me he wants to stay here. You'd think I'd learn not to get excited about it anymore. This time, I actually thought it was going to happen though. :(


link | Katie posted at 7:28 AM |


0 Comments:

Want to Post a Comment?