My Photo Name:Katie
Location:
San Diego, California, United States
View my complete profile



Friends
Yvette
Sean
AmberLynn
Adelaide
Amy
Lisa
Amber



Links
Friends and Families
My Veg*n Blog

Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]

Previous Posts
Not much to report
Random Ramblings
Know what I hate?
Redoing my workout playlist
CHEESE!!!
new layout
8 seems old
Much Randomness
They're coming...
Contemplating Mortality



Wednesday, August 23, 2006

BACK TO SCHOOL!!!!

Tomorrow is the first day of school! WOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!! I was chatting with a friend this morning and she was saying that she overheard one woman ask another, "Are you looking forward to school starting?" and the woman replied that she really wasn't. Of course, this led to the question, "How can you NOT be excited about school starting back up?!?!?!?!?" That's when she realized that the woman in question was a teacher. LOL

My friend, Tracey, said that on the first day of school, she and friends had a "mother's day" celebration. They dropped their kids off at school, then sat around playing poker and drinking all day. Sounds like a good start to the school year. lol

I can't believe my girls are getting so big. Caitlin's in third grade and Emma's in first! I just don't feel old enough to have kids those ages! Cole will be starting Kindergarten next year, then Ethan the next. Crazy...just crazy. We went and got all of their back to school supplies today. They got new clothes and shoes a couple of weeks ago. Short of a new backpack for Caitlin, I think we're set!

Sera has been a real handful lately. I don't know what is up with her, but she just won't stop screaming. She went from this perfect little angel who NEVER cried, to this needy, whiny toddler who never STOPS crying. I'm about at wits end. It's driving me crazy! I don't know how we're going to handle her at Disneyland next week! I'm just hoping all of the stuff will keep her interest and give her something to do other than scream. I'll have her in the stroller, so she should just be able to fal asleep when she gets tired...we'll see if that actually happens though. She rarely goes to sleep without a fight. Speaking of fight...she does something that I find really cute. Drake finds it a bit irritating, but I think it's adorable. If I try to hug Drake, she gets all pissed and pushes me away from him. I think she thinks she owns him. She'll scream and just push me until I'm no longer touching him, then she'll grab his legs, ask to be picked up, lay down on him, whatever...just to establish that he's hers. LOL Sometimes I'll hug him just to irritate her.

So, DISNEYLAND next week!!! YIPPPEEEEEE!!!! Goodness, I love that place! I'm so excited. (Like you couldn't tell or something lol) I feel like a little kid. I bet you anything I won't be able to sleep the day before we go. LOL I'm such a dork. So, who wants a postcard? lol

Since I don't own a pair of prescription sunglasses and I'm pretty much blind without my glasses, I think I'm going to buy a hat for our trip. I'm concerned that I'll look like a total dork in a hat though. (Yes, I realize that we've established that I actually am a total dork, but I don't have to look like one as well!) According to someone I know, visors went out in the 80's. I think I want one though. lol I think I'll head on over to Pac Sun while the girls are in school tomorrow to see what I can find :D I think I saw a cute camo Roxy visor that I might just try on :)


link | Katie posted at 12:11 PM |


2 Comments:
Blogger fmquad commented at 3:50 PM~  

Visors are SO 80's. Get OVER it!

Blogger Katie commented at 10:54 AM~  

What...you jealous? I totally rock my visor :P

Want to Post a Comment?