My Photo Name:Katie
Location:
San Diego, California, United States
View my complete profile



Friends
Yvette
Sean
AmberLynn
Adelaide
Amy
Lisa
Amber



Links
Friends and Families
My Veg*n Blog

Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]

Previous Posts
Lots of Randomne...oh look...SQUIRREL!
Just an FYI
It's been confirmed
Put on your big girl panties
My kids are geeks
Shhhh...don't tell my hubby
Come on people, your kids POOP in them!
It sure would be nice if my husband came home
Oh the joys of a two year old
Do you want to know what makes me insanely happy?



Wednesday, October 03, 2007

Ravelry

So, I've been hearing about this site, Ravelry, on all sorts of knitting blogs lately. (Yes, I'm a dork and read knitting blogs) It looks like SUCH an awesome site! It's only in beta, so they're slowly inviting beta testers. I signed up to be on the waiting list to be a beta tester yesterday. I just checked my place in line.
  • You signed up on Yesterday
  • You are #38828 on the list.
  • 16610 people are ahead of you in line.
  • 282 people are behind you in line.
  • 56% of the list has been invited so far
So, still over 16,000 beta testers ahead of me. It could be worse. I could be one of the 282 people who signed up after I did. LOL

Since I'm chatting a bit about knitting, I'll give you a list of the things I'm working on right now. I just finished a hat out of some yummy soft galenas wool yarn, dyed by Three Irish Girls in their Elsbeth colorway. It's beautiful! I knit it flat though and decided I just don't like hats with seams, so I'm using the rest of the skein to make the same hat, but a little bit bigger and in the round. This is my first attempt at cables. I was a bit worried, but they're turning out okay. I have issues with tension though...especially when going from knit to purl. I've got to work on that. On another set of needles I have a pair of pants going. I lost my second skein of yarn though, so those are on hold until I can find it. LOL

Coming in the mail I have the knitpicks options set of needles. I've been very limited in what I can do because I just don't have enough needles to do all of the projects I want to do. So, hopefully this will alleviate this issue a bit. I also bought their set of 1-3 dpns so I can start on some socks! I bought some sock yarn (in burgandy) to make myself a pair of socks and some yarn (in Volcano Twist) to make my little sister a pair. She's all emo, so I thought she might like a pair of knee highs made out of this.

I'm in a homemade hat swap on Friends and Families, so I bought the yarn to make the four hats that I signed up to make. I have an adult woman's hat to make, two young girl's hats and one young boy's hat to make. So, I ordered all of the yarn for those and when it arrives on the 8th, it should be all hats, all the time around here. lol

Labels:


link | Katie posted at 9:42 AM |


2 Comments:
Blogger Sean commented at 7:31 AM~  

Two random questions:

How far does a ball of yarn go? Like can you make one pair of socks? Two?

What's "emo"?

Blogger Katie commented at 1:18 PM~  

1. It really depends on what kind of socks you're knitting. If you're knitting children's socks, you can probably do a pair from one ball of yarn. If you're knitting adult regular sized socks, you'll probably need two. I ordered four skeins for the knee highs and two skeins for my socks You need to get it all at once to insure the same dye lot (meaning all of the yarn was dyed from the same bath of dye) because with different dye lots you get different colors even if they're supposed to be the same color (maybe there was a bit more or less dye in the second batch, maybe they didn't sit in the dye as long the second time, etc.) so it's always better to buy too much yarn rather than too little. You can always make something small out of the leftover yarn.

2. I would really suck at describing emo. If you look it up on urbandictionary.com and read the definitions there you'll get a pretty good idea. lol Think "Nightmare Before Christmas."

Want to Post a Comment?