My Photo Name:Katie
Location:
San Diego, California, United States
View my complete profile



Friends
Yvette
Sean
AmberLynn
Adelaide
Amy
Lisa
Amber



Links
Friends and Families
My Veg*n Blog

Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]

Previous Posts
From the mouths of babes
Time for a mommy brag!
Another one bites the dust
I'm a raging, hormonal lunatic!
Happy Birthday to ME!
STOP THE PRESSES!!!
Wheel of Fortune
Tae kwon do tournament
So Sick and Tired
It's a....



Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Absolutely heartbroken

I'm sitting here, trying to find the proper words to convey the things I'm feeling, but I'm at a complete loss. I've sat here, multiple times a day since Sunday, just trying to figure out what to write and how to write it, only to erase everything and leave the computer, no closer to understanding how I'm feeling or knowing how to write it all out than I was on Sunday when I first heard the devestating news. I don't even want to type it out. I don't want it to be real. I want to get a phone call that says, "They were wrong...it wasn't him afterall!" but the phone call never comes. Instead, I'm just left with the realization and the heartache of knowing that my little brother is dead...that some person took it upon themselves to decide that his life was no longer worth living. What the hell do they know? Who the hell are they to make that decision?

I am so full of anger. I'm angry at the people who did this to him. I'm angry at the people who know who did this to him and are choosing not to come forward to the police. I'm angry at myself for not doing more for him. I'm angry at people who choose to take this time of grief and use it to tear other people apart.

I'm so full of guilt. I feel guilty that I moved so far away and wasn't able to see him very often. I feel guilty because for so long I felt like I should ask him to move down to San Diego with us and give him a place to live, help him get into college, etc., but I never asked. I feel guilty because when I did see him, I didn't hug him enough...I didn't try hard enough to let him know just how much I love him...I didn't tell him how much I wanted him to come home.

I'm so full of heartache. I'm absolutely torn to pieces over his death. There are times I can't even think straight because the grief is so great. I'm heartbroken for my kids, who are too young to remember all the times their uncle played with them, throwing them around on the trampoline, throwing them up in the air, giving them hugs, laughing at them when they fell down. I'm heartbroken because they won't have the wonderful memories that I have of him. It hurts to see my older daughters cry, saying how sad they are that they have so few memories of him and now won't be able to make anymore.

I'm heartbroken for my little sisters, Taleisha and Chelsie...who have been through way too much in their short years. I can't imagine the pain they must be feeling after losing so many people in their lives, and now having to deal with all of the family politics that come into play with a death and having to realize, at way too young of an age, that death brings out the ugliness in so many people, when all they should be having to deal with is their own grief.

Finally, I'm just heartbroken for my mom. She lost her child. No mother should have to deal with the death of a child...especially not one so young. She has been his mom since he was ten years old. I actually remember the first time I heard him call her mom. I can remember seeing her eyes light up as she responded, "Yes, Isaac?" I know that at that point in time, it couldn't have been easy for him to call her mom. He had just lost his mom. However, in no time at all, it was as though we had all been family forever. He loved her as his mom and she loved and cherished him as her child. No one can ever take that away from her. His death has just reaffirmed the strength and bond of our family.

I've been seeing pictures of Isaac on the myspace pages of some of his family members. They honestly make me laugh a little. He looks so tough. He has this "Don't mess with me," attitude, but my goodness, I know the person he was inside. He's the person who my kids loved to play with. He's the little boy with the infectious laugh and the huge smile. He's the kid who constantly had bumps bruises and scrapes from being a crazy kid. He's the guy, who no matter what he was going through in life, could show up at home and calm all of our fears that he might have changed. He was Isaac...my little brother and I miss him like crazy.


link | Katie posted at 2:27 PM |


5 Comments:
Anonymous Anonymous commented at 5:33 PM~  

Again, I'm so sorry. I'm sorry for you and your mother the most. Your mom is a strong woman, whom the Lord keeps giving strong trials to.

Take care of yourself. Travel to Bay area safely. I'm praying for you and your family.

Anonymous Anonymous commented at 2:41 AM~  

Katie, I am so sorry for you and your family. My prayers for peace go out to you.

Blogger Liz Allman commented at 11:05 AM~  

My sympathies Katie. Little brothers are so hard, they need to be tough and independent. I guarantee he knows that you loved him and that you will always love him.

Blogger John commented at 10:34 PM~  

Katie,
I am one of Sean's friends, and my heart goes out to you and your family. You have my deepest sympathies at this very trying time. May our Heavenly Father continue to keep you and your family strong and comforted at this time.

Blogger Adelaide commented at 3:25 PM~  

Katie, I am so sorry to hear of you and your family's loss. I will be thinking of you all. I lost my cousin at 27 a year ago, and know the rollercoaster of emotions you are going through. XOXOXOXOXO

Want to Post a Comment?