My Photo Name:Katie
Location:
San Diego, California, United States
View my complete profile



Friends
Yvette
Sean
AmberLynn
Adelaide
Amy
Lisa
Amber



Links
Friends and Families
My Veg*n Blog

Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]

Previous Posts
We're having a barbecue!
Ouch!
Wow
Ugh
Lists
Still waiting...
Passing the time
Ravelry
Lots of Randomne...oh look...SQUIRREL!
Just an FYI



Sunday, October 28, 2007

Finished a project!

Yesterday I decided to start knitting a Sophie Bag. By the time I went to bed last night, it was done! It was a really nice distraction from the hats that I've been working on. (Although, my last two hats have been crocheted, so I was able to finish them in a couple of hours) I don't have a picture yet, but will take a picture when I've shaved it. It was my first foray into the world of felting, and I must say, it turned out pretty well! I was concerned that the bag might turn out larger than I intended it to because by the time I was done knitting it, it was seriously the size of one of those reusable grocery tote bags. I was planning on it being the size of a smallish purse. Apparently I had NOTHING to worry about though because, after felting, it turned out the size of a TINY purse. LOL Drake says he doesn't want me using it because it would look stupid for a grown woman to be carrying around what looks like a toy purse. I think it's adorable though and absolutely plan on using it!

Labels:


link | Katie posted at 11:09 AM |


2 Comments:
Anonymous Anonymous commented at 5:13 PM~  

You have to shave your purse? I thought you shaved the animal first, then made the purse. how did you get the animal to stay still while you knitted the purse but before you shaved off the purse?

I swear - knitting is so confusing.

Blogger Katie commented at 11:21 AM~  

I just told the sheep to stay still or I was having rack of lamb for dinner. Not even a baaaaa was heard.

By the way, rack of lamb is SO yummy. Now I want some for dinner. Too bad I'm on this vegetarian kick right now. Okay, more of a forced diet than a kick. lol

Anyways, yes...I needed to shave the bag. When you felt a knitted item, it ends up all fuzzy and pilly. You use a fabric shaver to get the fuzz off. Pictures to be posted soon. :)

Want to Post a Comment?