My Photo Name:Katie
Location:
San Diego, California, United States
View my complete profile



Friends
Yvette
Sean
AmberLynn
Adelaide
Amy
Lisa
Amber



Links
Friends and Families
My Veg*n Blog

Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]

Previous Posts
Ravelry
Lots of Randomne...oh look...SQUIRREL!
Just an FYI
It's been confirmed
Put on your big girl panties
My kids are geeks
Shhhh...don't tell my hubby
Come on people, your kids POOP in them!
It sure would be nice if my husband came home
Oh the joys of a two year old



Thursday, October 04, 2007

Passing the time

I like to be awake when Drake gets home from work, so here I sit, bored out of my mind. It's 11:30 pm and Drake has no idea what time he'll get home. He only got to work at...oh...8:30 this morning. :( He had already worked more than 40 hours this week before he even went into work this morning, so by end of day Saturday (because he will be working on Saturday) he'll probably have worked 80 hours or so this week. :( Poor guy. I know the long hours are hard on him. I know he wants to be home with the family. I know he hates feeling like he barely closed his eyes and all of a sudden it's time to go back to work. I feel selfish thinking about how much I hate him working long hours, but I do. It's hard on the kids to not see their dad at all during the day...especially since he's leaving for a week starting Saturday. Caitlin has been asking me when she's going to be able to spend some time with him before he leaves and I just don't know how to tell her that she's not going to be able to. Even Allie seems to be having a hard time not having him around these past few days. He's usually there to put her to sleep. Tonight she screamed for hours, refusing to go to sleep. I'm fairly certain it's because she's used to Drake putting her to bed.

Anyways, enough of that mopey sadness. New revelry waiting list stats:
  • You signed up on October 2, 2007
  • You are #38828 on the list.
  • 14957 people are ahead of you in line.
  • 1053 people are behind you in line.
  • 59% of the list has been invited so far
Moving on up!

I went and bought some new yarn today. (Shhhh...don't tell Drake. When I get sad...I shop.) I bought this GORGEOUS bamboo yarn. It's so luxuriously soft. I could only find three skeins from the same dye lot and they're really small, so I don't know what I'm going to make with it. I started a baby blanket, but I don't think I'm going to have enough of the yarn, so I think I'll frog it and decide to make something else. I was thinking maybe a sweater for Allie, but she's just going to drool all over it, so it's probably going to turn out to be a shirt for Caitlin. I think I'll have just enough for that. I also bought some wool yarn to make a felted purse for my sister for Christmas. (Now I'm hoping she doesn't read this. LOL Then again, I have three sisters, so they have no idea which one I'm talking about.) I also bought some soy/wool blend yarn to make the same purse for myself. I have to find the right size needles for the purse though. I KNOW I bought some quite a while back...it's just a matter of finding them. I really must get organized. You should see my yarn stash. It's such a mess. Just four more days until more yarn and needles come in the mail! YAY!!! The hat I'm knitting is on hold until I find my missing dpn. :( I should take some pictures of everything I'm working on...after I get my stash under control. It's a serious mess.

*Sigh* It would be nice if Drake would get home before midnight. He's got 17 minutes. Yeah, I don't see that happening. Perhaps before one? A girl can dream, right? lol

Anyways, off to find something to do to keep myself busy. I suppose I could clean the house. That's no fun though. lol

Labels:


link | Katie posted at 11:27 PM |


0 Comments:

Want to Post a Comment?