My Photo Name:Katie
Location:
San Diego, California, United States
View my complete profile



Friends
Yvette
Sean
AmberLynn
Adelaide
Amy
Lisa
Amber



Links
Friends and Families
My Veg*n Blog

Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]

Previous Posts
Wow
Ugh
Lists
Still waiting...
Passing the time
Ravelry
Lots of Randomne...oh look...SQUIRREL!
Just an FYI
It's been confirmed
Put on your big girl panties



Friday, October 19, 2007

Ouch!

I hurt my back today. I have no idea what I did to it, but it HURTS! I think I messed it up when I was lifting boxes of books in the storage room. Caitlin was complaining that she didn't have any books to read for her 30 minutes/day that she has to read, so I figured now was a good time to pull out the boxes and boxes of books I packed away when I moved out of my parent's home. I've been keeping these books, just waiting for my children to grow old enough to read them. I think she's just reaching that point and I couldn't be more thrilled!

I have a thing for books. Ever since I was 3, I LOVED to read. I read anything and everything I can get my hands on. Seriously, it's an obsession. Trips to the library were a weekly, if not more often, occurrence once I was able to go on my own. Sadly, I didn't get into the "I'd rather buy a book than check it out from the library" mentality until I got older. So, a lot of the books I read as a child, I don't own. I do own a few though. I think I pulled out four boxes today and sorted them by things I thought Caitlin would like and things I thought she wouldn't like. Here's the sad part...Caitlin hates to read. :( So, my "things she would like to read" pile was MUCH smaller than the things she wouldn't like to read pile. She looked through my pile, chose about forty books and ignored the rest. It made me sad. She does, however, have a nice assortment of books she can read and she can no longer say, "I don't have any books to read," when it comes time to read. Today she had the gall to ask me if she could read a magazine instead of a book. lol

Emma is a reader though. I'm very happy about that. She's of the "I would rather buy a book than check it out from the library" mentality, so she costs us quite a bit of money. lol I don't mind though, because I know that someday she will be able to pull out boxes full of books and be thrilled to share them with her children. She'll be able to say, "This was one of my FAVORITE books! I hope you really like it, too!"


link | Katie posted at 6:59 PM |


1 Comments:
Blogger Sean commented at 11:29 PM~  

You would get along with my niece well. She's a reader. She loves being read to and loves going to the library. Except for BYU-Idaho, I haven't been in a library for books in about 10 years. I'm not a reader, but I am when I'm in Wisconsin.

Want to Post a Comment?