My Photo Name:Katie
Location:
San Diego, California, United States
View my complete profile



Friends
Yvette
Sean
AmberLynn
Adelaide
Amy
Lisa
Amber



Links
Friends and Families
My Veg*n Blog

Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]

Previous Posts
Just when you think you're going to lose it...
I love being a mom.
He knits!
Been a while
Ravelry!
Finished a project!
We're having a barbecue!
Ouch!
Wow
Ugh



Thursday, December 13, 2007

CHORE WARS!!!

Oh my goodness...my friend, Laura (Can I call her my friend? I only know her online. Am I a loser for having "friends" online? I've never even spoken to her on the phone...just online through a message board. I still consider her my friend though. Yes, I just may be a loser. *cues the song "So Much Cooler Online." (Give me about an hour and I'll have the song in a playlist on this blog :) ) ) (Can I really have a perenthesis inside of a perenthesis?) (Can I really have this many things in perenthesis one right after another?) (I'm a bit parenthesis crazy today.) Anyways, so as I was saying, my friend, Laura, introduced me to Chore Wars a couple of days ago. Trust me when I say I feel like I have tried just about EVERYTHING HUMANLY POSSIBLE to get my kids doing chores. It just doesn't work. My children are the most stubborn people I know. I love them for it, but man...it's frustrating. Anyways, Chore Wars allows you to start a "party" and each character that is a part of that party can go on "adventures." Adventures are chores that they can do. For example, the adventures my party can go on are "clean bedroom," "make bed," "wash bathroom sink," "mop bathroom floor," etc. When they complete these chores, they get to claim the adventure and gain XP (experience points) and sometimes fight a monster while doing it, and once in a while earn a treasure. The treasure that I set is anywhere from 10 cents to 1 dollar, depending on how difficult the chore was. At the end of the week, I'm going to go in, see how much money they've earned, then put that amount of money into their bank accounts.

Oh my goodness...my kids are CLEANING!!! They LOVE to see their name at the top of the list as having the most XP. They fight over who gets to do the chores! Cole gets out of school the earliest, so from the moment he gets home until Emma gets home, he is cleaning, trying to get ALL of the chores done so there are none left for the girls to do when they get home from school. LOL I did make it so there are some chores on there that Cole can't do, and they're worth a lot of XP because they're a lot of work, so the girls still have things to do like do the laundry, wash the dishes, etc. I'm wondering if I can make it so I don't have to lift a single finger all day long. See, I knew there was a reason I had so many kids!


link | Katie posted at 3:53 PM |


1 Comments:
Blogger Amber commented at 4:16 PM~  

I talk about my "friend Laura" who made an outfit for Kizie, so I totally understand.

I was thinking how ChoreWars would have been great when I was in college with my roommates...

Want to Post a Comment?