My Photo Name:Katie
Location:
San Diego, California, United States
View my complete profile



Friends
Yvette
Sean
AmberLynn
Adelaide
Amy
Lisa
Amber



Links
Friends and Families
My Veg*n Blog

Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]

Previous Posts
CHORE WARS!!!
Just when you think you're going to lose it...
I love being a mom.
He knits!
Been a while
Ravelry!
Finished a project!
We're having a barbecue!
Ouch!
Wow



Saturday, December 15, 2007

Christmas Survey

I got this from Suzanne, who doesn't know I read her blog, which may be a bit creepy because our kids are friends, but I've never mentioned to her that I found her blog and read it regularly. Is that creepy? We're also on a knitting website together and I'm not sure if she knows that or not. I'm so anti social...I should really talk to her more. lol


1. Wrapping Paper or Gift Bags?
I have a love/hate relationship with wrapping gifts. I LOVE wrapping gifts elaborately. I hate the fact that I have so many gifts to wrap that I just can't afford to do it the way I want to.

2. Real tree or artificial?
I wish we had a real tree. Sadly, Drake is allergic to...well...life, so we can't have a real tree. I remember when we were little, my parents put this pine smelling thing in the middle of our fake tree...it didn't make the tree seem any more real. It was kinda sad. I dream of one day taking my kids out and cutting down our own Christmas tree. I have fond memories of doing that. Our fake tree broke last year and I opted to buy more presents rather than buy a new fake tree, so we're not even putting one up this year. How sad is that?

There's my Christmas tree randomness.

3. When do you put up the tree?
When I put a tree up, it goes up on the first of December. All holidays get decorated for on the first day of the month of which they're in. I'm particular like that. I don't think my husband knows that though. He'd rather I not decorate at all. What a grumpy gus.

4. When do you take down the tree?
The tree comes down the day after we get home from my mom's.

5. Do you like Egg Nog?
LOVE it...as long as it's nice and thick. I don't like watery egg nog.

6. Favorite gift received as a child?
My mom got me a German Christmas thing when I was a senior. I forget the name of it. It's this carousel thing that when you light the candles, it spins. I didn't appreciate it when I got it. In fact, I'm afraid I may have even made a face when I opened it. I wanted money. Now, however...I love it. I know my mom thought it was something I would really appreciate. I had taken German for three years in highschool and LOVED that class. I loved the teacher, I loved the language...that class made school enjoyable for me. It means so much to me that my mom bought me a gift that represented something I really enjoyed in my life. I may not have appreciated the gift when I got it, but it is by far the best Christmas gift I ever got.

7. Do you have a nativity scene?
No, but we have a baby Jesus in a trough that the kids put pieces of "straw" (small yellow strips of paper) in every time they do a good deed. The goal is to cushion baby Jesus by Christmas.

8. Hardest person to buy for?
My nieces and nephews...although their parents just tell me what to buy, so it's really not that hard. lol

9. Easiest person to buy for?
Drake. He says, "Honey, this is what I want," and I buy it.

10. Worst Christmas gift you ever received?
I can't think of a bad Christmas gift I've received. I'll tell you a funny story though. One year, my brother bought my sister the movie, "Labyrinth," and she cried when she opened it because she thought the gift was so awful. We still make fun of her for it. There have been a few gifts she's gotten since then that I wonder if people bought her just to see her reaction when she opened it.

11. Mail or email Christmas Cards?
I'm terrible with cards. Just terrible. I always write them all out, but never mail them. I don't know why.

12. Favorite Christmas Movie?
A Christmas Story

13. When do you start shopping for Christmas?
The day after Thanksgiving...I should really start earlier because I always end up shopping on Christmas Eve.

14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present?
Yes. If I can't use it and someone else can, why not?

15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas?
My dad used to make the BEST breakfasts Christmas morning! Everyone looked forward to Christmas morning...not only for the presents, but for the huge, amazing breakfast. Great...now I'm crying. Stupid surveys. lol

16. Clear lights or coloured?
Clear. Period.

17. Favorite Christmas Song?
O Holy Night.

18. Travel or stay home at Christmas?
Travel. We visit my mom and siblings for Christmas. Hopefully next year will be the last year spent traveling!

19. Can you name all of Santa’s Reindeer?
Of course.

20. Angel or Star on the top of the tree?
Angel Moroni.

21. Open Christmas Eve or Morning?
Christmas morning. It always seemed strange to me that people open gifts on Christmas Eve. We do open one gift on Christmas Eve though...jammies. The kids are allowed to tear into their stockings as soon as they wake up on Christmas. The rest of the stuff has to wait until the parents stumble out of bed.

22. Most annoying thing about this time of year?
"Mommy, I thought of something else I want for Christmas," ten times a day as they watch television.

23. What’s the corniest family tradition you do or miss doing?
We don't do anything corny! It's all fun!

24. What’s the worst thing you’ve seen related to Christmas?
I've seen some pretty horrid decorations.

25. Which looks best, theme trees or homey trees?
Homey trees...definitely. Theme trees make me sad.

26. Gingerbread or Sugar Cookies?
Yes please.

27. Do you like fruitcake?
I don't think I've ever actually eaten fruitcake.


Okay, so if you read this, take the survey on your blog as well!


link | Katie posted at 9:34 AM |


1 Comments:
Blogger Yarnhog commented at 4:25 PM~  

Guess what? I know now!

We had one of those candle things when I was a kid. I loved it passionately. I wonder where it went? I spent a year in Germany as a foreign exchange student, which led me to become a diplomat years later. In between, I studied German in college, and did my honors thesis on Nazi propaganda.

It's amazing the stuff we don't know about the people we wave to every day, isn't it? I think the anonymity of blogland allows people to share a lot more than they ever do in real life. But we can pretend we don't know each other, if you like!

Want to Post a Comment?