My Photo Name:Katie
Location:
San Diego, California, United States
View my complete profile



Friends
Yvette
Sean
AmberLynn
Adelaide
Amy
Lisa
Amber



Links
Friends and Families
My Veg*n Blog

Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]

Previous Posts
Look, it's another post today!
Just because I can
Music and a deep, dark, shameful secret
The picture says it all
It's like Christmas in July!!!
Hurry up and wait
Hi, my name is Katie
Semi Random Memory
Since someone's been asking
Sera's Doctor Appointment



Thursday, July 28, 2005

I love being a mom...I love being a mom...I love being a mom

That's been my mantra today. I love my children more than life itself. I honestly don't know what I would do without them. They bring me more happiness than I have ever known in my life. My life would be incomplete without them.

However, on days like today I question my sanity! I look around me and see my disaster of a house, I see kids screaming at eachother, I see a kid who has just dumped an entire bowl of soup on the ground, a baby who just threw up her entire last meal and then I look in the mirror and see someone who looks and feels so much older than her twenty six years. I see someone who is tired, who hasn't had a moment's peace today, and someone who is about to lose it. I love being a mom...I love being a mom...I love being a mom.

Kids will be kids. I understand that. The way they've been acting today is normal. I'm blessed to have these incredible miracles in my life. So, why am I so frustrated? Why do I just want to scream? I love being a mom...I love being a mom...I love being a mom.

I asked the kids to clean the living room. They weren't doing it...they were playing, running around, rough housing, etc. I told them they needed to clean or they would be going to bed. They continued to play. I sent them to bed. Caitlin stomped her way up the stairs, screaming, "YOU HATE ME, NOBODY LOVES ME!" and then slammed her bedroom door. Emma ran upstairs screaming and crying as well. I love being a mom...I love being a mom...I love being a mom.

Caitlin just came downstairs and told me, "I'm ready for someone to adopt me now. I have my suitcase packed. I don't want you to be my mom anymore. I hate this family." When I told her she was stuck with us, she screamed that she hates me and that she wishes she had never been born. I love being a mom...I love being a mom...I love being a mom.

There have been so many times when my kids have made me want to call my mom and apologize for...well, for being a kid. LOL I see things my kids have done and remember when I did the exact same thing and think, "My poor mom." My mom is incredible. I wish I had even a small fraction of the amount of patience she has.

Enough frustration from me...a funny story from today:

Caitlin came up to me today and said, "Who's birthday is coming up?" I responded (knowing full well what she wanted to say) "Uncle Louis' birthday is in a few days." She rolled her eyes and said, "Nooooooo, in this family." I said, "Mine." To which she responded, "You know I want you to say that it's my birthday coming up." "If you already had the answer, why did ask me?" "Whatever, *roll eyes* here is what I want for my birthday." She then handed me an ad for a gorgeous white gold, diamond and pink sapphire bracelet. Her future husband is in trouble.


link | Katie posted at 5:46 PM |


0 Comments:

Want to Post a Comment?