My Photo Name:Katie
Location:
San Diego, California, United States
View my complete profile



Friends
Yvette
Sean
AmberLynn
Adelaide
Amy
Lisa
Amber



Links
Friends and Families
My Veg*n Blog

Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]

Previous Posts
Music and a deep, dark, shameful secret
The picture says it all
It's like Christmas in July!!!
Hurry up and wait
Hi, my name is Katie
Semi Random Memory
Since someone's been asking
Sera's Doctor Appointment
Out and About with my Pouch
Slings 'n' Things



Wednesday, July 27, 2005

Just because I can

So, I think I'll post multiple times again today since someone told me not to.

As you can see, I got the radio installed! Click on some songs. They are all from my personal playlist, so you'll get a taste of what I listen to. Yeah, it's an odd, eclectic playlist, but it's me :) I'll be randomly adding songs as I feel like it. Sadly, my computer's sound system broke, so I can't even listen to them. *sob*

So, I was chatting with someone online who recently moved from Hawaii to Idaho. They made me remember that I have been planning on making lomi salmon. So, I did just that :) It was really good, if I do say so myself ;) I tried feeding it to my kids this morning. Before even taking a bite, Caitlin asked what was in it. So, I told her...raw salmon, hawaiian salt, tomatoes and sweet onions. She exclaimed, "RAW FISH!?!?!?!!? What are you trying to do...KILL ME?!?!?!?!" Needless to say, she didn't eat it and neither did her siblings. If Caitlin doesn't like it, they all think they don't like it either. The funny thing is, they LOVE LOVE LOVE sushi. I think I'll refrain from telling them that sushi has raw fish in it as well. Heck, Ethan eats sashimi (the other kids aren't that fond of it). Then again, Ethan will eat anything. Well, anything but lettuce anyways.

I want to go to Mitsua now and get some good ahi and make poke. (It's pronounced poh-keh...kinda) Now that is some good eats! It's raw ahi (tuna), Hawaiian salt, limu kohe (seaweed) and green onions. It's heavenly, I'm tellin' ya! If you've never had it, you're missing out.

Drake wants me to make him spam musubi. I can't find my musubi press though. Yes, my family eats spam...nasty, I know. It's not bad when on some rice, with some egg, wrapped in nori (seaweed again) though. Even I'll eat it. Shhhhhhh! When I was little, Spam came in a can, with spam jelly. Now that is NASTY!!! I mean, what on earth is that stuff? Spam doesn't have the jelly anymore. Vienna sausages do though. My kids love those things. Nasty. Why do I feed it to them then? Really, there is no method to my madness.


link | Katie posted at 2:02 PM |


0 Comments:

Want to Post a Comment?