My Photo Name:Katie
Location:
San Diego, California, United States
View my complete profile



Friends
Yvette
Sean
AmberLynn
Adelaide
Amy
Lisa
Amber



Links
Friends and Families
My Veg*n Blog

Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]

Previous Posts
Two Trips Coming Up
Woohoo, alone again
Woohoo!
Why don't they think of ME ME ME?!?!?
He's home!
ARGH!
My poor little man
Boobs, boobs, boobs
And he's off
Been a while



Thursday, February 02, 2006

Not the brightest bulb

Why do I do stupid things like watch scary movies when I'm all alone? Drake is out with friends again tonight, so what did I decide to do? Watch The Ring 2. Yeah, I'm a smart one. So far so good...Samara hasn't crawled out of my television screen or anything, but I'm sure she'll crawl her way right into my dreams tonight. Yay, fun.

I actually got something done tonight. I took apart my refrigerator and cleaned it from top to bottom. Well...almost. I still need to wash the crisper drawers. I got tired of cleaning it, so I left those for later. I feel like I got something accomplished though, so that's good.

I actually did a little exercising tonight. Very little...but some, so it's a start ;) My arms will probably be sore tomorrow. It felt good though. Okay, it really didn't. I hate exercising. I just want to make it a part of my daily routine, so I guess I have to start somewhere and stick to it until it becomes a habit.

I'm trying to teach myself to play the guitar. Caitlin got a guitar from Santa and wants to learn how to play it. Drake can play, but never has the time, energy or patience to teach her. So, I'm trying to teach myself so I can teach her. Why I think I'll be capable of teaching her, I'll never know. I tried with the piano, which I've played for 22 years, and couldn't, so I probably won't be able to teach her an instrument I just taught myself to play. I figure I had to give it a shot though. Besides, I've always wanted to be able to play the guitar, so no better time than the present to learn, right?

Emma has recently shown an interest in the piano. I think I'll attempt to teach her. The problem with Caitlin is that she doesn't want to learn how to read music, music theory, etc. She just wants to play by ear. Emma, however, seems interested in theory, reading music, etc. So, she should be a bit easier to teach than someone who constantly says, "This is boring, just teach me how to play a song." Emma has a lot more patience than Caitlin does. Caitlin has been doing very well playing by ear though.

I think Drake might be home, so I'm going to end this now so I can spend some time with him :)


link | Katie posted at 11:18 PM |


0 Comments:

Want to Post a Comment?