My Photo Name:Katie
Location:
San Diego, California, United States
View my complete profile



Friends
Yvette
Sean
AmberLynn
Adelaide
Amy
Lisa
Amber



Links
Friends and Families
My Veg*n Blog

Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]

Previous Posts
Boobs, boobs, boobs
And he's off
Been a while
It's been a little while
My future as a home invader
Is this not the cutest face in the whole wide world?
Exercise
Keeping with the theme
FAtkins
Hats and things



Friday, January 13, 2006

My poor little man

So, Drake has been gone for a few days now. Each day, Ethan goes to the door and asks if we're going to go pick up daddy. Each day he's disappointed when I tell him that Drake is still in Florida and won't be home until Saturday night.

Last night Ethan was crying, so I went in to see what was wrong. He was still asleep, just crying in his sleep. He then started calling out for Drake. It broke my heart.

This morning he came up to me with a HUGE smile on his face and a backpack over his shoulders. He gave me a hug and kiss and said, "Bye, bye!" I asked him where he was going. He said, "Da da!" and pointed at the door. I guess he decided that since Drake wasn't coming home, he was going to Florida to be with him. I hugged him and told him that I really need him at home to take care of me and asked him if he would please stay with me because it would make me so sad if he went to Florida as well. He reluctantly agreed, but has been so sad all morning.

I didn't realize just how much these business trips were bothering Ethan. I mean, I know the older kids miss him, but Ethan has never really said anything about it. (Granted, Ethan doesn't talk, so that might be why.) The older kids understand that daddy has to go away for business, but will be back in a week and seem to accept that and be fine with it. In fact, they like it because they know he'll be coming home with presents for them. lol Ethan has just been heart broken all week without Drake though. When Drake calls at night, Ethan will stand by my side, grabbing for the phone, until I hand it to him, then he "talks" to Drake FOREVER. LOL He's always so thrilled to be on the phone with daddy, but then so sad again when he has to hang up.

I'm really hoping that Drake's next job won't take him out of town so much. I am okay with the traveling. (Like I said in a previous post, I think it actually might be good for us) However, if it's bothering any of the kids that much, that means he really needs to stay home.


link | Katie posted at 10:04 AM |


0 Comments:

Want to Post a Comment?