My Photo Name:Katie
Location:
San Diego, California, United States
View my complete profile



Friends
Yvette
Sean
AmberLynn
Adelaide
Amy
Lisa
Amber



Links
Friends and Families
My Veg*n Blog

Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]

Previous Posts
Neglect
Friends
iPod, uPod, we all Pod
A day late, a dollar short
Old friends
I'm feeling a little stalkerish
Update on last post
So hurt/upset/angry/whatever
My funny Valentine
Wine



Tuesday, March 21, 2006

So sad :(

It is with heavy heart that I announce the impending death of my fabric stash. :( If you've read this blog from the beginning, you know the obsession I have with fabric. I can spend hours in the fabric store just petting the fabric and dreaming up what I can make with it. I can't seem to leave the fabric store without spending at least $75...usually closer to $100. It's an obsession and I have come to not only accept it, but embrace it.

Sadly though, our landlady called last night and informed us that her son is moving to San Diego and needs a place to live, so she's selling him our condo. That means that we need to be out by the last week of May. That means it's a mad rush to find a new place to live, and uproot our family once again. This time with one more person in tow. We're really hoping to stay around here, but may sacrifice the close proximity to work for a cheaper rent, or a little more space. I really don't know.

So anyways, what does that have to do with my fabric stash, you may ask? Well, you see...moving costs money. We live paycheck to paycheck as it is. Somehow we are going to need to pull a $1500 deposit and $300 for a moving truck out of our...ummm...yeah. So, I've been searching my house for unneeded things that I can sell to make some quick money. Sadly, the thing that is worth the most is my fabric stash. It's pathetic that it makes me so sad to sell all of this stuff. I mean, it's just fabric. But, still, I'm very sad to do it. I had big plans (although little time) for that stash. Each different fabric was reserved for different projects. Everytime I open my fabric trunk, I see dresses, curtains, slings, pouches, diapers, etc. Soon though, I'll see nothing. :(

Maybe I'll just sell one of my kids instead. I can spare a couple ;)


link | Katie posted at 11:22 AM |


0 Comments:

Want to Post a Comment?