My Photo Name:Katie
Location:
San Diego, California, United States
View my complete profile



Friends
Yvette
Sean
AmberLynn
Adelaide
Amy
Lisa
Amber



Links
Friends and Families
My Veg*n Blog

Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]

Previous Posts
So hurt/upset/angry/whatever
My funny Valentine
Wine
Housewarming gift
I've been "tagged"
I wanna go, I wanna go, I wanna go!!!!
Not the brightest bulb
Two Trips Coming Up
Woohoo, alone again
Woohoo!



Saturday, February 18, 2006

Update on last post

So, I called my mom to talk to her about how I was feeling...which is so unlike me. (Not the whole calling my mom part, although that's a bit unlike me as well since I really dislike talking on the phone, but the actual talking about things that bother me was the really unusual part) She wasn't home, but she called me back when she got home from work. (It's so odd to say that...my mom NEVER worked outside of the home when I lived at home...mom and work are just two words that so rarely go together in my life) I started off the conversation with, "So, am I the only person in the family that is so unimportant that I had to find out about Darcey having her baby through a mass email?" To which she replied, "I KNEW that was why you were calling. When they told me you called and wanted me to call you back, I knew right away that's what it was going to be about." She proceeded to tell me that she didn't call anyone about the baby being born. She assumed Jay would call people since he's the dad. I asked her, "Did you honestly think Jay would call? I wouldn't expect him to." She said the only reason she even knew the baby was born was because she was babysitting the rest of Jay's kids. She told Heidi (my sister) that Darcey was in labor because Heidi called while my mom was watching the kids. So, she didn't call Heidi about the baby being born either. Louis (my little brother) only knew because he was staying at my mom's house for the weekend. She said that it wasn't that she forgot me, it was just that she didn't call anyone and didn't realize Jay hadn't called anyone until she went to see the baby, and by that time Darcey had already sent out the mass email with pictures of the baby (her name is Olivia.) She said that she went to work the next morning, came home, went straight to bed because it was so cold, went to see the baby, came home and went back to bed, so she didn't talk to anyone. Then, this morning she went back to work, came home, then called me.

I feel a lot better now. I made my mom promise to call me if anyone else had a baby. She said she would.


link | Katie posted at 8:46 PM |


0 Comments:

Want to Post a Comment?