My Photo Name:Katie
Location:
San Diego, California, United States
View my complete profile



Friends
Yvette
Sean
AmberLynn
Adelaide
Amy
Lisa
Amber



Links
Friends and Families
My Veg*n Blog

Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]

Previous Posts
I've been "tagged"
I wanna go, I wanna go, I wanna go!!!!
Not the brightest bulb
Two Trips Coming Up
Woohoo, alone again
Woohoo!
Why don't they think of ME ME ME?!?!?
He's home!
ARGH!
My poor little man



Thursday, February 09, 2006

Housewarming gift

So, Drake and I have been invited to a housewarming party for one of Drake's friends. I probably won't go because dealing with the kids in a social situation just isn't fun. Drake, however, will be going, which leaves me with a single question: What do I buy them as a housewarming gift? I met the husband once in passing, but that's it. I have no idea what either person likes/dislikes, etc. Drake hangs out with him once in a while when he goes out with coworkers and friends. I want to purchase them something they will get some use out of. However, I don't know how long they've been married, if they lived together before this, if they have all of the essentials that they need, etc. So, here is the list of possibilities I've come up with so far:

  • Italian themed basket: organic pasta, organic pasta sauce, good bread, pasta utensils, bottle of wine and wine glasses

  • Candles/candle holder

  • Homemade bread and cookbook

  • Home Depot gift card

  • Vase of flowers

  • Lucky Bamboo

  • Pottery (stock pot?)

  • house plant

  • basket with gourmet goodies

  • wine and cheese basket

  • margarita pitcher with matching glasses

  • bakeware

  • cloth napkins and napkin rings

  • mixing bowls and wooden spoons



I can think of pros and cons for each of the gifts I've listed, but I won't bore you with them. Ugh, just two more days to decide what to get them!


link | Katie posted at 1:23 PM |


1 Comments:
Blogger Unknown commented at 5:11 PM~  

Hey Katie! My first post on your blog :)

I like the plant idea, the candles & the pasta ones the best. I am a very non-decorating, my-house-was-furnished-with-hand-me-downs kind of person, so what do I know?

Dang! I need to buy a house so we can have a housewarming because we need so many things LOL

Want to Post a Comment?