My Photo Name:Katie
Location:
San Diego, California, United States
View my complete profile



Friends
Yvette
Sean
AmberLynn
Adelaide
Amy
Lisa
Amber



Links
Friends and Families
My Veg*n Blog

Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]

Previous Posts
Not the brightest bulb
Two Trips Coming Up
Woohoo, alone again
Woohoo!
Why don't they think of ME ME ME?!?!?
He's home!
ARGH!
My poor little man
Boobs, boobs, boobs
And he's off



Friday, February 03, 2006

I wanna go, I wanna go, I wanna go!!!!

So, I just got off the phone with my friend, Tracey. She says to me, "You just HAVE to go on this cruise with me in May." Me: "What cruise?" Tracey: "It's a four day cruise down and it's only $350! We would have SUCH a great time! Just think about it...four days with no kids and nothing to do but sit around in the sun and enjoy your time." My first thought was, "I could drive up to my mom's (which is near where Tracey lives) drop the kids off with her or my sister, and go." Then, I started thinking, "But that adds $200 to the cost, just for gas." Then Tracey says, "It docks out of L.A." WOOOHOOOOOO, only $20 for gas...that's not even really enough to count as an added expense! Then I realized...that means I have no one to watch the kids for the four days I'm gone. I could ask Drake to take four days of paid time off to watch them, but he's already going to have to take time off to visit his grandma, then to go to her funeral, then we have our Christmas vacation trip to northern California that he has to save up days off for, so I'm not sure he can take four days off just for me to go on a cruise...let alone, take the time off to spend four full days with the kids! He's never even spent a full day with all of the kids. I'm not sure he's ever spent more than two hours with all five kids. In fact, I'm fairly certain he hasn't. So, four days would be REALLY tough for him. It's tough for me when he's gone for four days and I spend all day everyday with them, so I'm used to it.

I really want to go though. I don't know anyone down here though that I can ask to watch the kids for four days. :( Ugh. It's probably not going to happen, but wouldn't it be lovely if it did? :D


link | Katie posted at 11:42 AM |


1 Comments:
Blogger Unknown commented at 10:20 PM~  

I hope you can go .... oh and you've been tagged ;)

Want to Post a Comment?