My Photo Name:Katie
Location:
San Diego, California, United States
View my complete profile



Friends
Yvette
Sean
AmberLynn
Adelaide
Amy
Lisa
Amber



Links
Friends and Families
My Veg*n Blog

Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]

Previous Posts
Celebrate Earth Day All Month Long
My sweet little valentine
Baby shower craziness
Thanks Sean!
I can't sleep
Not yet!!!
I was tired
That little stinker
If you don't hear from me for a while...
Picture this...



Monday, May 12, 2008

Beach/Wedding Weekend

This past weekend, my little brother, Louis, got married! He and Melissa have been dating for about eight years now, so really, marriage was just a formality...Melissa has been a part of the family for a long time now.

My mom, sister and I (and our respective families) rented a house literally just steps from the beach for the weekend. It was beautiful. My family left Thursday afternoon to make the five hour drive to Oceano. About an hour and a half in, we realized that we had forgotten Ethan's tuxedo and Drake's clothes in our wardrobe at home! Drake's clothes, we could replace when we got up there, but Ethan's tux (he was the ring bearer) wouldn't be so easily replaced! So, much to my dismay, we had to turn around, drive home, then start the journey all over again! We got up there around 1 in the morning on Friday. When we woke up that morning, Drake took the kids to the beach while I hung out at the house with AllieGayle. Later that evening was the rehearsal and rehearsal dinner. The dinner was at Del's Pizzaria and I had their rosemary chicken provolone ravioli with pesto sauce. It was SO good! Saturday, the wedding was held at the Avila Beach Resort. The weather was perfect and everything was gorgeous! The kids danced the night away and crashed as soon as they got home. Sunday was a day for packing, then spending some time with my family at the beach.

We got to see a side of Cole that we didn't know existed!!! Earlier last week, he came to me, concerned about the reception because he didn't know how to dance. He asked me how to dance. Now, if you know me, you know I can't dance. Well, you probably don't know that, because you've never seen me dance. That's because I don't dance. That's because I can't dance. I once took a hula class and the instructor called out to me, "Katie, you're Hawaiian...what are your hips doing moving like a white girl?" Sadly, that was giving me way too much credit and giving "white girls" a bad name. It's honestly just that bad. lol So, anyways, I told Cole that you just feel the music and move your body the way the music tells it to move. Now, see, I know this in theory. In practice, it's a whole different matter! Cole seemed content with that answer. So, he seemed to take my words to heart because as soon as the music started, he was out there on the dance floor, dancing the night away. He was sweating like crazy and was just AMAZING. I didn't know that boy could move like that! It was raw talent, baby! He must take after his aunty, because he sure didn't get that from me! I did go out and dance once. (Go, me!) Ethan asked me to dance with him to a slow song...how sweet is that? Apparently he asked his Uncle Jay to dance with him and was told that he needed to dance with a girl. lol So, I danced with him...rather awkwardly. I like to think people thought I was dancing badly because I was slow dancing with a four year old. Yeah, that's it.

We had such an amazing time! I love when I get to spend time with my family. It doesn't happen anywhere near often enough!

Some pictures from the wedding and reception. These are obviously out of order, but I don't feel like taking the time to reorder them:

Sera
The beautiful bride
My brother walking my mom down the aisle

My youngest brother and my mom

Mother/Son dance

Ethan, the ring bearer

The glowing bride

The officiator, groomsmen and ring bearer

My sister and her husband

Sera, going in for a kiss

The happy couple

Emma, shaking her groove thing

We couldn't get him to smile

My whole family, minus my sister in law (who is taking the picture) and my nephew (who was too busy playing in the sand to come take a picture)

My Aunty Fay and Uncle Ed

First dance as husband and wife

My beautiful sister, Chelsie

Cole, getting down

Cole and Sera dancing

The cousins

Daddy/Daughter dance

AllieGayle, playing under my chair

Brothers

Caitlin

Caitlin, dancing with her cousin

Cutting the cake


Pictures of my kids at the beach to follow at a later time! :)


link | Katie posted at 3:26 PM |


0 Comments:

Want to Post a Comment?