My Photo Name:Katie
Location:
San Diego, California, United States
View my complete profile



Friends
Yvette
Sean
AmberLynn
Adelaide
Amy
Lisa
Amber



Links
Friends and Families
My Veg*n Blog

Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]

Previous Posts
That little stinker
If you don't hear from me for a while...
Picture this...
Monster Jam
Did you know about this?
Birthdays
Been a bit
Christmas Survey
CHORE WARS!!!
Just when you think you're going to lose it...



Saturday, January 26, 2008

I was tired

I was tired today. All day long, I just felt like I was dragging. I was SO looking forward to falling asleep tonight. I rarely go to bed before one in the morning. It's pretty much unheard of for me to fall asleep before midnight. Tonight, around 10:30 I heard Drake ask, "You're not actually asleep, are you?" Problem was...I was. Note the word was and then note the time of this post. Granted, right now it's barely past midnight, but man...I was tired.

Anyways...I told Drake I didn't know why I was so tired, but I just couldn't keep my eyes open. I apologized because I knew he had been planning on watching a movie or something, but I was pretty much already back asleep before the word "Sorry" left my lips.

All of a sudden, I hear Ethan crying. I ask him what's wrong...hoping it's something as simple as, "Cole stole my blanket." No such luck. "I pooped my pants." Great. Get up, clean him up, thank God that you've been putting him back in a pull up because he's been sick and having a lot of accidents lately, send him back to bed, stumble back to your own bed, start drifting back to sleep..."Remember I said my mouth hurts? What can I do?" Clear head...remember Ethan saying something about his mouth hurts...tell him to drink some water...drift back to sleep.

All of a sudden, more crying. "What's wrong, Ethan?" "My bed is a mess!" Wake up...clear head enough to remember he pooped his pants...freak out that his bed may be covered in poop...remember that he was wearing a pull up and there was barely even a mess in it and there was no way it was all over his bed...walk into bedroom to find...VOMIT. ALL OVER HIS BED. How did this child neglect to mention the fact that he threw up all over his bed?!?!?!?!? A little poop in his pull up...worth screaming and crying about...throw up all over his bed? Meh...not so much important, I guess. Wrap blankets up in themselves, take off sheets, pray that it didn't go through to the mattress...thank God for mattress pads...put new sheets on, put new blankets on, put sick boy back to bed, throw everything in the wash, wash your hands to above the elbows in water as hot as it will get, contemplate showering, but realize that a shower will wake you up so much that you won't be able to go back to bed, crawl back in bed...figure out that you're wide awake. So, that brings me here. (Well, after a shower, anyways.) I was so excited about falling asleep before midnight, for once. I had grand plans of actually being awake and energized tomorrow. So much for that.


link | Katie posted at 12:12 AM |


1 Comments:
Blogger Yarnhog commented at 8:18 PM~  

Not to, um, belabor the obvious, but wasn't Drake already awake? And, ah, couldn't he have, you know, changed the sheets?

(I spent five years awake all night with my husband snoring in bed, so I'm a little sensitive about this issue. No offense intended, of course.)

Want to Post a Comment?