My Photo Name:Katie
Location:
San Diego, California, United States
View my complete profile



Friends
Yvette
Sean
AmberLynn
Adelaide
Amy
Lisa
Amber



Links
Friends and Families
My Veg*n Blog

Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]

Previous Posts
$2000
I did it :(
So sad :(
Neglect
Friends
iPod, uPod, we all Pod
A day late, a dollar short
Old friends
I'm feeling a little stalkerish
Update on last post



Tuesday, March 28, 2006

Yay!!!

A good friend of mine is coming to visit on Saturday! Wooohooooo! I'm totally stoked! The kids are beyond thrilled to see him again. I'm hoping it will motivate them to clean their room. lol

Packing is going...slowly. I've packed a grand total of four boxes. Yeah, I'm on a roll!!!! My goal for today is to get the bookshelves in the living room emptied. There are boxes in the garage that I haven't touched since we moved here, two years ago. I'm tempted to throw them away, sight unseen, but Drake won't let me. He's such a packrat. He HAS decided that I can pack away the stuff I think should be thrown away in boxes by themselves so if he decides he's okay with throwing them away later, we can just toss the whole box instead of having to go through it. It's a start. Personally, I just want to toss everything. I'm not fond of clutter and keeping things. Drake's not fond of clutter, but he's fond of saving every.little.thing. It drives me nuts.

I can't believe how many freaking toys we have. There are at LEAST four HUGE boxes of toys in our garage that our kids haven't seen since before we moved last time. Some they haven't seen since we moved from Santa Cruz...THREE years ago! I'm tempted to just go drop them all off at Good Will or freecycle them all. The kids would throw a fit though, so I guess I need to go through and only get rid of the ones the kids are willing to get rid of. I also have a TON of clothing I need to go through and get rid of. I can't believe how much stuff we have that we never use!

I think this move will be good for us. It will give me a chance to purge our lives of the stuff we don't need. I didn't get to do that the last time we moved because Drake was in Hawaii and would have FREAKED if I threw anything away without asking him and because I had almost no time to pack everything up and move it. This time, I think I have some time.


link | Katie posted at 3:34 PM |


4 Comments:
Blogger Sean commented at 4:47 PM~  

just a thought...but instead of giving that crap away - sell the hell out of it to make money for the deposit.

Blogger Katie commented at 6:47 PM~  

You know, I was thinking about that. The thought of having a garage sale makes me nauseaus though. I hate people who haggle. "Will you take ten cents for this thing that is marked $25? No? How about a quarter?" I wonder if people would even stop if I put up a HUGE sign that read "ALL PRICES ARE FINAL. IF YOU DON'T WANT TO PAY THAT MUCH, TOUGH COOKIES....YOU CHEAPSKATE!!!!!" I think part of the allure of garage sales for hard core garage sale junkies is trying to get people to come down in price though.

Also, the bleeding heart in me would rather give the toys to a women's shelter.

Blogger Sean commented at 12:09 PM~  

I don't think that's the type of toys women play with. Is there a kids shelter in town?

Blogger Adelaide commented at 8:00 AM~  

Sean is pretty funny, eh? ;-)

Since I'm packing too, I had 3 huge garbage bags of Myk's toys. Of course she was right there picking them right out of the bag, but I finally put my foot down. I put them in one of the donation bins.

Want to Post a Comment?