My Photo Name:Katie
Location:
San Diego, California, United States
View my complete profile



Friends
Yvette
Sean
AmberLynn
Adelaide
Amy
Lisa
Amber



Links
Friends and Families
My Veg*n Blog

Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]

Previous Posts
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TARA!!!
It's Auction Time!!!
Zoo trip
Here's Your Sign
Sorry
I completely forgot
Yay!!!
$2000
I did it :(
So sad :(



Thursday, April 13, 2006

Go Katie, it's your birthday!

Today is my 27th birthday. I'm not sure how I feel about it. It's odd. I feel like I'm officially not young anymore. 26 still seemed fairly young. 27 just doesn't. I'm not sure why I'm not all that happy about turning 27. "Young" really isn't a number. Heck, by all accounts, the fact that I have five kids tends to already put me in the "old" category. So, why is this number bringing me down? To me, 26 means you can make stupid mistakes and people will brush it off as being "young." How stupid is it that I feel that way? I guess I kinda feel like 18 isn't an adult...27 is. You're no longer early, or even mid 20's. You're late 20's. You're an adult. I don't know...it's odd. All I know is that I feel like I've left "young" behind. It's not like I'm sitting here thinking, "I should have my life together. I should know where I'm going. I'm 27 and I still have no direction in my life." I have my life together. I know where I'm going. I have direction. Like I said, I really have no idea why it all feels so odd.

Anyways, a few pics of my gorgeous kiddos:

Cole, Ethan and Emma "pop the collar":
The kids with Josh Peck from "Drake and Josh" on Nickelodeon:
The girls and Seth at the zoo:


link | Katie posted at 12:50 PM |


3 Comments:
Blogger Unknown commented at 7:13 AM~  

Yeah, well try 29! I am almost 30, Katie! THIRTY!!!!! That, my friend, is old :)

Hey! How did you guys see Josh Peck? Jared is going to be jealous. He loves that show :)

Blogger Katie commented at 9:42 AM~  

Both Drake and Josh were at the Yeah Baby Expo in Del Mar last weekend. Josh was there on Saturday and Drake was there on Sunday.

Anonymous Anonymous commented at 1:54 AM~  

Kate,

You are no where near "old" yet because you are way too young for me to date and I don't date "old" women.

In fact I don't plan on being "old" until my 100th birthday. I plan on celebrating being "old" by having a very passionate time with a "younger woman" [the nice thing about being 100 is virtually every woman on earth is a "younger woman" so I will have a lot to choose from].

Enjoy life to the fullest so when you reach my age you will have lots of [bawdy] stories.

Happy Birthday, Jim

Want to Post a Comment?