My Photo Name:Katie
Location:
San Diego, California, United States
View my complete profile



Friends
Yvette
Sean
AmberLynn
Adelaide
Amy
Lisa
Amber



Links
Friends and Families
My Veg*n Blog

Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]

Previous Posts
Getting old :(
Wild Animal Park
Oh my goodness!!!!
Working on a new project
I can stand!!!!!
MOVING DAY
Go Katie, it's your birthday!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TARA!!!
It's Auction Time!!!
Zoo trip



Tuesday, May 30, 2006

Just feeling "off"

Have you ever been in a relationship where things just click? You finish eachother's sentences, you know what the other is thinking, you know how the other is feeling, you know when the right time to approach them about things is? I love having that kind of relationship with my husband. Of course, we have our moments, but for the most part, things just click. Even when we're fighting, we still have a sense of where things are, where things are going, what the other is thinking, etc. We've been married for going on eight years now (it will be eight years in a week). We've learned eachother's mannerisms, we can read eachother's feelings, we have a sense of what needs to be said/done to keep harmony. Lately though, I feel as though we're "off." I don't know what it is. We can be having a great day and seemingly nothing happens, but all of a sudden we're "off." We're not reading eachother right. Our timing is off. I'll think he wants one thing, but in reality, it's nowhere near what he actually wants. He thinks I want to hear something, but in reality, I have no desire to hear what he has to say. Little things are sending us into fights that escalate to the point that we're no longer even fighting about what started the fight.

I'm not sure what's going on, but I don't like it :( I think every relationship goes through times where they don't quite click the way they should, but we've been doing so well lately. Things have just been "on." Now, not so much. :(


link | Katie posted at 11:13 PM |


2 Comments:
Blogger Unknown commented at 12:34 PM~  

If it'll help (which it won't LOL) Daniel and I are having an off time too. I just asked my friend last night if she & her husband went through times where they did everything together, couldn't wait to spend time together, got along beautifully. Then, had a week where they didn't really talk other than the normal house/kids stuff, didn't spend extra time together, etc but didn't have a big fight (did that make ANY sense at all? LOL) and she said yes so I guess it's just married stuff. I hate these "off" times too. They stink.

Blogger Adelaide commented at 2:14 PM~  

Hey Katie :hug: So normal. Not too long ago I was so disheartened with my relationship with Joel...so much that I almost didn't even care anymore. Like I hoped something really bad would happen, and it would give me an "out", where I could leave him without any guilt. Of course, everything is fine now. But it was a pretty eye-opening time.

Want to Post a Comment?