My Photo Name:Katie
Location:
San Diego, California, United States
View my complete profile



Friends
Yvette
Sean
AmberLynn
Adelaide
Amy
Lisa
Amber



Links
Friends and Families
My Veg*n Blog

Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]

Previous Posts
No more music :(
A quick picture
Adult relationships
So, it's Tuesday
I need to get away
Ass
So Irritated
I found the cutest dress and shoes!
My husband loves me (a.k.a. I'm such a dork)
Married or Not



Wednesday, August 17, 2005

Randomness

Drake is out flying today. Ugh, small planes scare me. I can't even count the number of small plane crashes I've heard about. The thought that my husband is on one scares me :( I realize that he needs to do it for work, but still, it sucks. I just have to hope and pray that he gets back safely. Of course, he never calls when he gets back, so I never know that he gets back safely until he calls me later in the day. I wish he would call the second they touch down. At least the weather is beautiful today. Nice and clear, so I won't have to worry about them having problems with that, or having to land somewhere else and stay the night.

My fabric finally arrived! The "second" shipment anyways. No sign of the "first" shipment. Go figure! The stuff isn't as nice as I was hoping for. The brocade looks like ugly cumberbund material. There are two nice ones though that should work well for mei tais. I figure I can use the other ones for practice before I use the ones I acutally like. I need to get some velveteen or something to use for the straps and the reverse side though. Oh...and I need to get my sewing machine fixed. I suppose that would help as well!

I started a baby blanket for my sister in law's baby last night. She's not due until February, but I figured I'd give it to her for Christmas since that's the only time I'll see her between now and when the baby is due. I'm also hoping to crochet a hat and some clothes (although the clothes are a bit ambitious)

I just joined a wool yarn coop, so hopefully I'll be getting some nice wool yarn to knit some longies to go over Sera's cloth diapers. I'm also hoping to make a few for some friends and maybe a couple to sell. We'll see. I think I'll stick to longies even though they cost more to make because of the amount of yarn that goes into them, but I figure they'll be needed more since winter is coming up. If you don't know what longies are, here is an example:

You use them over cloth diapers. Wool is an awesome choice to use over cloth diapers for many different reasons. Wool can absorb quite a bit of moisture before it ever even feels wet. It is breathable, so the temperature inside doesn't get too hot, it also helps prevent diaper rash because of that. It stretches and moves with the baby, helping to prevent leaks and just making it more comfortable. It's also naturally antibacteral. Wow, I sound like a commercial or something. Anyways, I'm really excited to be getting some cheap (price wise, not quality wise) wool yarn because it costs like $50 on the low end to purchase a pair of longies. It will also give me a chance to work on my knitting skills a bit more :)


link | Katie posted at 3:48 PM |


0 Comments:

Want to Post a Comment?