My Photo Name:Katie
Location:
San Diego, California, United States
View my complete profile



Friends
Yvette
Sean
AmberLynn
Adelaide
Amy
Lisa
Amber



Links
Friends and Families
My Veg*n Blog

Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]

Previous Posts
Politics, it seems to me, for years, or all too lo...
Beauty... when you look into a woman's eyes and se...
First thoughts
Guys don't make passes at girl's who wear glasses
ABC's of me (because I KNOW you care!)
Nothing new to report
Just because I can...
Much randomness
Don't even know what to think or how to function
A funny story for the day



Friday, October 13, 2006

"Nothing will benefit human health and increase chances of survival for life on earth as much as the evolution to a vegetarian diet."

So, I'm thinking of making the switch over to vegetarianism...possibly veganism. I KNOW I'm cutting out all dairy. The family shouldn't have a problem with that. lol Drake, Emma and Sera all have problems with dairy anyways, so eliminating dairy from their diets should only improve things for them.

I've been researching it quite a bit and really do feel that it is healthier for my family to eliminate most, if not all meats. I suppose the question is: How far do I want to take this? I'm thinking of possibly not eliminating fish just because it has so many health beneifits. Do I want to eliminate eggs as well?

The plan is to continue to allow the children to choose the way they want to eat. I just won't be preparing meat dishes at home. If they want to eat meat at school or at friend's homes, that is their choice. It just won't be an option at home. I know Caitlin will embrace vegetarianism. She's wanted to in the past, but because I was unwilling to cook her seperate meals and wouldn't let her eat nothing but peanut butter and jelly sandwiches, she was forced to eat meat or starve. lol I think Drake will be okay with it. He'll still have lunch at work, which is usually Indian food, a big burger...or whatever. So, it will basically be Sera, Cole, Ethan and me that will be going completely veg (unless I choose to include fish...which I'm still undecided on, but am leaning towards) because those kids rely completely on the food I prepare for them, whereas the older girls eat school lunches, eat at friend's homes, etc.

I will probably slowing integrate our new way of eating into my home. We have SO much meat in the freezer right now because I just recently did all of the shopping for the month. lol So, I'll probably do a veg meal every other night until all of the meat is gone, but I will make a veg meal for myself each night because as of about five minutes from now (when I finish my cup of coffee with cream in it lol) I will be completely veg...unless I choose to include fish, which I'm still undecided on. lol Chances are I'll choose to have the kids be ovo-veg...and still allow eggs for bread and such, because eliminating eggs from their diet just limits them so much and they may just refuse to eat. lol However, for myself I'll be going completely vegan. (Or pesco vegetarian if I eat fish)

This is all going to be on a trial basis. In a few months I'll reevaluate my choice and decide, what if anything, should be added back into our diets. I'm hoping to find that this way of eating will leave us all healthier, give us more energy, and not be as difficult as I'm anticipating it to be. lol


link | Katie posted at 10:22 AM |


0 Comments:

Want to Post a Comment?