My Photo Name:Katie
Location:
San Diego, California, United States
View my complete profile



Friends
Yvette
Sean
AmberLynn
Adelaide
Amy
Lisa
Amber



Links
Friends and Families
My Veg*n Blog

Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]

Previous Posts
"Nothing will benefit human health and increase ch...
Politics, it seems to me, for years, or all too lo...
Beauty... when you look into a woman's eyes and se...
First thoughts
Guys don't make passes at girl's who wear glasses
ABC's of me (because I KNOW you care!)
Nothing new to report
Just because I can...
Much randomness
Don't even know what to think or how to function



Monday, October 16, 2006

So, convincing Drake to go veg was SO much easier than I thought it would be. I said, "Hey honey, how do you feel about going vegetarian?" He said, "Okay," and that was that. Too easy, right? Of course it was. Apparently he thought he was agreeing to eating vegetarian meals every once in a while. When I told him that no meat would be prepared in our home again, he recanted his okay of a vegetarian lifestyle. I told him that I would compromise and if he wanted meat, he could cook it himself. That was a no go.

I took the girls to the store and bought next weeks food. I told them we were going vegetarian. They literally CRIED...tears and everything! "But I LOOOOOOOVE meat!!! No more McDonalds? No more ribs? What are we going to eat??!?!??!" *sigh Caitlin is on a hunger strike until I cook her meat. lol (Although, we went out for dinner with family last night and they had ham and pinapple pizza. I told them they could eat meat, I just wouldn't be preparing it for them.)

Drake says there's no way he's giving up cheese. I told him he could do the shopping then because I won't be buying cheese anymore. Yesterday I made this incredible (if I do say so myself) zucchini and bean soup. Everyone LOVED it...except Caitlin, who refused to eat it due to her hunger strike. Tonight I'm making a tofu curry. YUM!

I think I'm going to do some "raw" days. There's no way I could go 100% raw. Raw is basically just like it sounds...you don't cook anything. Heating up food takes away a lot of the nutrients, so eating raw is actually REALLY good for you. I'm not crazy enough to go fully raw, but I'm hoping to incorporate a few raw days a week into my diet. I have a recipe for a raw lasagna that looks really good!

Anyone have a food processor or a blender they want to give me? I could really use one. lol I want to start off each day with a kale smoothie, but currently don't have the means to make them. :( Oh, and Drake said he'll skip breakfast if it's a kale smoothie. :P


link | Katie posted at 2:02 PM |


1 Comments:
Blogger Adelaide commented at 3:14 PM~  

OMG Katie! I'm just cracking up imagining the chaos that ran rampant through your household with your no-meat ultimatum. No "McDonald's"... I forgot that that would be one of the first thing out of a kid's mouth.

Boy, I must say....you're really giving some effort to persevere through this. Good on you.

PS: I couldn't do it either....hee-hee.

Want to Post a Comment?