My Photo Name:Katie
Location:
San Diego, California, United States
View my complete profile



Friends
Yvette
Sean
AmberLynn
Adelaide
Amy
Lisa
Amber



Links
Friends and Families
My Veg*n Blog

Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]

Previous Posts
So, convincing Drake to go veg was SO much easier ...
"Nothing will benefit human health and increase ch...
Politics, it seems to me, for years, or all too lo...
Beauty... when you look into a woman's eyes and se...
First thoughts
Guys don't make passes at girl's who wear glasses
ABC's of me (because I KNOW you care!)
Nothing new to report
Just because I can...
Much randomness



Monday, October 23, 2006

WOOHOOOOO!!!!

So, my mother in law came to visit last week. She stayed with us one night, then we drove her up to L.A. and we visited with family that lives up there and she stayed up there with her sister until she came back down to San Diego, stayed another night with us, then flew back home to Hawaii. All in all, it was an incredible visit. We were able to see Drake's grandmother, who we haven't seen in many years, as well as his aunt, uncle and cousins.

Drake's mom seemed very impressed with the effort I have been putting into losing weight and actually gave me some money to go out and buy a new outfit! Now I just have to decide if I'm going to buy the outfit now, or wait until I've lost some more weight. Drake suggested I buy the sweater that I've been oogling at for a while.
It's from J Crew and is cashmere. However, with a $140 price tag, it's just not something I would spend my own money on. I'm VERY tempted to buy it though. With my luck, however, the first time I wore it, one of the kids would puke or poop on it. lol I'll probably just use the money to buy myself a couple new pairs of jeans and a shirt or two. I think that would be money better spent than on a sweater that I would be too afraid to actually wear. lol Isn't it beautiful though...and it's oh so soft and yummy.

I got new sheets!!!! Yes, this is blahg worthy. :P Another little known fact about me. I'm a sheet snob. I think there are very few things in life that compare to sleeping on a bed with high quality bedding. There is no joy quite like that of laying your head on a nice pillow case, sprawling your body out on a nice fitted sheet, and snuggling up under an incredible flat sheet and really nice comforter. Really...it makes me happy just thinking about it. lol One of my favorite things on a cold night is to wash my sheets, pull them straight out of the dryer, put them on my bed and just be warm and comfy. I love the smell of newly washed sheets. Honestly, if I had to choose between sleeping with my husband or sleeping with really nice, high TC, Egyptian cotton, freshly laundered sheets, hubby might just get the boot. lol I need a new pillow though. I'm thinking of getting a King sized, goose down pillow. I LOVE goose down bedding. I SO badly want a goose down comforter. Sadly, Drake is allergic. :( He'll probably throw a fit over the pillow and I'll be forced to choose between him and the pillow. I hope he doesn't mind sleeping on the couch. :( lol


link | Katie posted at 10:06 PM |


0 Comments:

Want to Post a Comment?